Help with PRO-92B LTR Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzlenut83

Hello,

I just broke out my old PRO-92B to mess around with. I remember that LTR frequencies do not need to be placed in repeater number order, but does each system have to be in a different bank or can I put more than one system in a bank?

Thanks for any help,
nozzlenut83

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm sure someone will tell you it depends on the combination of Logical Channel Numbers and if they are repeated in the two systems, but in my experence the PRO-92 works better with one LTR system in one bank.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have the PRO-92B

Hello. I am using the PRO-92B. I am not monitoring LTR, but I am monitoring Motorola trunking. I've found that it can work either way w/Motorola, but I recommend putting separate trunk systems into separate banks.

George

jdd1960

Pro 92 EDACS

I understand the logical order requirement for EDACS, but can more than one site be added to a bank and have it still work??

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
jdd1960 said:
I understand the logical order requirement for EDACS, but can more than one site be added to a bank and have it still work??

LTR also has a logical order requirement in the system, but not in the PRO-92 bank. If the systems are in the same bank and use the same talkgroup numbers, but are not the same agency, you may not know who is using the talkgroup. Your PRO-92 has 10 banks, are you using all of them? If you are, you could mix conventional and your LTR system in one bank. That would be a better option then mixing LTR systems in one bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.