Help with Pro-97 Motorola trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just recently bought the new pro-97, and i programmed a bank for San Bernardino County (motorola type II smartnet)System 01 for Victorville. some transmissions i hear clearly, but sometimes it decodes to a frequency such as 858.4625, when it SHOULD go to 858.45, and i hear nothing but static, and a faint voice in the background. sorry if the way i described it is a bit hard to understand, but its the best i can do, lol. this is driving me crazy, anyone know how to fix it? (it also did the same thing on my old pro-95)

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
What one of these are you working on?

San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 01 Motorola Type II Smartnet Victorville
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 02 Motorola Type II Smartnet Barstow
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 03 Motorola Type II Smartnet Lucerne Valley
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 04 Motorola Type II Smartnet Morongo Basin
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 05 Motorola Type II Smartnet Needles
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 06/07 Motorola Type II Smartnet Valley Areas
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 08 Motorola Type II Smartnet San Bernardino Mtns.
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 09 Motorola Type II Smartnet Ontario
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 10 Motorola Type II Smartnet San Bernardino
San Bernardino, County of (Public Safety) 12 Motorola Type II Smartnet Grand Terrace

Last edited:

rpowley

The frequency giving you trouble (858.4625) is probably from the Men's Prison in Chino. Do you have all of the frequencies for the system you are listening to entered or are you using Control Channel only?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried just locking out that one channel (freq) on the system to see if that solves it? Perhaps it's jumping to that one when in fact it shouldn't be.

And like Ron asked above. Is the CC the only thing in the bank, or do you have all the channels?

scnnr

857.95000* 858.45000* 859.45000* 859.95000*

Are those control channels splinter type system? If they are then you need to set the scanner to splinter. Just curious because they look like spinter frequencies.

While scanning that bank:
press prgm--trunk
then Func---3
then use the arrow keys to set it to splinter.

EDIT: I think I am probably wrong about it being splinter, hope someone will clarify it for you.

Last edited:
scnnr said:
857.95000* 858.45000* 859.45000* 859.95000*

Are those control channels splinter type system? If they are then you need to set the scanner to splinter. Just curious because they look like spinter frequencies.

While scanning that bank:
press prgm--trunk
then Func---3
then use the arrow keys to set it to splinter.

EDIT: I think I am probably wrong about it being splinter, hope someone will clarify it for you.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! it worked... i had no idea that you could set it to splinter, ive been wondering about that for a couple years with my pro 95, thank you soo much, you're a pretty fart smeller, i mean, smart feller, lol. thank a million man!

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Nice Job scnr.:) Weren't we in another feed the other day working on a similar problem?

hesperiaFIREexplorer, Do everyone a favor and submit a note in the Victorville database page indicating the system is Splinter.

Last edited:

scnnr

Excellent, glad you got it working. I wasn't sure about it but the frequencies looked like splinter to me that is why I suggested you try it that way.

Randy

scnnr

fmon said:
Nice Job scnr.:) Weren't we in another feed the other day working on a similar problem?

hesperiaFIREexplorer, Do everyone a favor and submit a note in the Victorville database page indicating the system is Splinter.

I think we were Frank, but I can't think of it off hand. I am glad he is good to go now. :D

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.