Help with programming Pro-96 for Anoka County

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDscannerfan

Feed Provider
I have been trying to get the 96 to pick up Anoka County but it picks up nothing. XcelEnergy works and so does everything else. I don't know if its an issue with rebanding or what I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Help With Programming Pro-96 For Anoka County

What firmware does that unit have?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Where are you located? Making sure you're close enough would be the first step in troubleshooting this.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
All of my friends have reported their 96's Trunking going out on them.. Mine however (being used to run the Minnneapolis FD feed) is running top notch. Could be your issue, not sure what Excel is running on...

JASII

Memory Capacity
Help With Programming Pro-96 For Anoka County

I tried a PRO-96 years ago. It had the "motor boating" issue and was horrible to listen to. Hopefully, you got the PRO-96 very cheap or free.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I tried a PRO-96 years ago. It had the "motor boating" issue and was horrible to listen to. Hopefully, you got the PRO-96 very cheap or free.

Yes, as do I (as I'm guessing you can tell..) I did get it for free- a friend of mine had it for years and years, he tryed to sell it, but could not find anyone to buy it. I always did want it, even though I had the Pro 106. A few months later he passed away, as his cancer had taken over to much. At his funeral, his brother and I were out talking with a group, and he asked me if I still wanted it- I said that I did. And that was that.

JDscannerfan

Feed Provider
What firmware does that unit have?

It shows DSP-App: 1.4 so it looks to be the current one.

Where are you located? Making sure you're close enough would be the first step in troubleshooting this.

In Fridley right next to Coon Rapids boarder by the river.

Sadly I didn't get it for free starting to feel like I have already over paid for it lol.

The only other thought I had was if its something with Rebanding.

SCPD

QRT
Have issues as well here. I have a PRO-96 and a 2096 and live in the southern part of the county in Columbia Heights. Both scanners have a real hard time decoding this system and it sounds like I am not the only one that has issues. The other simulcast systems I can pickup here are not bad, just Anoka County simulcast is a real bugger. All the tricks have been tried to improve it but to no avail. Maybe in the future I will try one of the new Unidens.

Good luck!!.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Have issues as well here. I have a PRO-96 and a 2096 and live in the southern part of the county in Columbia Heights. Both scanners have a real hard time decoding this system and it sounds like I am not the only one that has issues. The other simulcast systems I can pickup here are not bad, just Anoka County simulcast is a real bugger. All the tricks have been tried to improve it but to no avail. Maybe in the future I will try one of the new Unidens.

Good luck!!.

I've got a friend in Heights as well, he's got the 96 and the 2096. He had real issues picking up anything until I programmed it for him, after that, he gets Anoka Co (and everyone else) perfect..

SCPD

QRT
I've got a friend in Heights as well, he's got the 96 and the 2096. He had real issues picking up anything until I programmed it for him, after that, he gets Anoka Co (and everyone else) perfect..

I am in an area where even my Motorola's have issues. Some parts of the city it's perfect, go a couple of blocks and it's crap. As they say it' all about location, location...

puzzleriddle

It was rebanded in like 08 I think. How do I find out what and what place I add the rebanded info?

you will need arc 96 or win 96 software & a programming 1st then use the softwaer to apply the the tables then up load to scanner
also get the updated drivers for the cable

Status
Not open for further replies.