Help with programming the TG's for an LTR system (BCT15X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I already have the system programmed. It is a National Grid system of just 4 frequencies in LTR mode. It works ok and reception is perfect. However there are 3 TG's assigned to this system but when radio stops on active freq. no TG is displayed. I have this set to ON in settings to display TG info. The information in the 'Easier to read" manual for the BCT15X doesn't make sense to me as far as setting the TG's manually. Here is what it says to do:

"To enter a LTR ID, enter the area code (0 or 1) and press (.)No once, then enter the home repeater number (01-20) and press (.)No once, then the user ID (1-254) and press E/●. "

I know the codes start with "0" but what the heck is a "home repeater number" and "user ID"? When I first programmed this system, there wasn't any indication of having to set up TGID's

semo

From my experience I have found the area code is usually 0 or 1. Then the home repeater number is the LCN (frequency) that the talkroup tries to use first. If the LCN (frequency) is used it uses another LCN. Lastly is the user id. It is common to have for example 0-02-001, 0-02-002, or 0-01-001, 0-01-002. Area codes and LCNs can be shared only the user id will be different for each talkgroup.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK but I am finding no options to even begin this! I know the area code is "0" but how do i know which frequency the talkgroup tries to use??
There are 4 freqs listed in "LCN" (logical channel order) so do I pick the FIRST freq? How do I know which freq is the "HOME REPEATER?" Since there are 4 frequencies should the home repeater be set to "4"? I think I need a step by step on this cause it still isnt making sense.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Are you programing by hand or using software?
I programmed these by hand because I couldnt find this system in the RR database. Since it was only 4 freqs I just manually programmed. But there was no indication to enter TGID's when I put the 4 freqs in radio. I could delete the system and start over again if I need to.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Do you know your LCN order? You have to determine the LCN of each frequency in the system to trunk corretly. Also make sure Id search is on instead of Id scan in the system setting. This might help. LTRTrunkedSystems < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
OK I am assuming the LCN order is just how it is displayed on the page, see attached. Also there is no ID search / scan option on the bct15x.

Attachments

• scltr.JPG
    scltr.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 13

u2brent

OAMPT

I don't think the scanner can follow PASSPORT LTR. :unsure:
For further reading..

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
OK that explains it. However I still can get the actual transmissions loud and clear on 2 of the 4 freqs. The other freqs transmit nothing but some odd control tone/digital noise.

Yes,
That backs up what is posted on the above linked wiki page.

LTR Passport
Each passport site seems to have at least 3 frequencies:
  1. A "local" home channel for units that have this site as the home site.
  2. A "roaming" home channel for units that have another site as the home site.
  3. A "registering" channel that is used by roaming units to register with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.