Help with programming the VA Stars System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout14

Feed Provider
Hi Everyone,
I'm located in Richmond VA and I'm interested in monitoring the VA STARS System. Specifically I would like to monitor State Police Division 1 along with VDOT traffic for the Richmond Area. I use ProScan to program my radio (Uniden BCD996t) scanner that can pull the information directly from the radio reference database. So my question is living in the Richmond area and part of the state police division 1 what sites do I need to program in order to hear anything? I'm having trouble determining what sites to program or if my scanner can even monitor the STARS system. Also if anyone is knowledgeable in programing for Medevacs as well or can direct me to the form that would be great.

TJX400

You’ll need to program the Richmond site in only. Then you’ll want to enable ID scan and only input VSP Richmond 1, VSP Richmond 2, and VDOT TAC 4. That site should constantly have subscribers affiliated to those talk-groups - as they’re exactly what you seem to be looking for.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Two questions: Did the Thornburg site drop Richmond 1 and does Thornburg or gordonsville broadcast division 3 Appomattox?

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I have definitely heard Richmond 1 on Thornburg recently. IIRC, I have heard Division 3 traffic on Gordonsville within the last week while driving in that area.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I have definitely heard Richmond 1 on Thornburg recently. IIRC, I have heard Division 3 traffic on Gordonsville within the last week while driving in that area.
Okay thanks. I thought Div 3 was not broadcast on Thornburg. I have that other site in my G2 pager now.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Two questions: Did the Thornburg site drop Richmond 1 and does Thornburg or gordonsville broadcast division 3 Appomattox?

Just to follow-up on your question. yesterday (03 Dec) I did hear Appomattox 2 traffic via Gordonsville when I was in that area. I also noticed a fair amount of Division 1 traffic via Fork Mountain, Bear Den Mountain and Hightop Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.