BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Help with programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoe43

Hello All

I need help I just picked up a BCD996P2 been trying to programing it using FreeSACN with the stare of Colorado And Denver Metro Area Public Safety/Fire I have a membership to RadioReference so I able to download the Database but a I have couple of problems one is I can not figure out how to assign the different systems a talk group like say the Lakewood stuff in group/bank 1 and say Denver in 2 and state in 3 and so on I'm not talking about the softkey but the GRP on the bottom of the display you have SO:---------- the below that GRP----------- which I presume is for groups so that way if I don't wont to scan say Arapahoe county I can L/O say 4 if that's where I put them.

Ok now the other problem when I program all the systems I want I get like 26 errors and I get a message in red that says I had like 635 TGIDs to many not sure what that mean it never says I over 7% memory full the systems I program in is Aurora Colorado DTRS Denver Public Safety Front Range Comm and Metro Area Radio coop so I'm not sure but I guess the errors cause it not to complete its programming the way it says. So I need help if there is anyway that can help that lives in and around the area that has the same scanner and uses the same software it would sure be great.

marksmith

996p2 can handle a total of 500 frequencies, talk groups and unit ID's per system. It skips anything more than that and gives you the error you got.

One of the systems you entered has more than the total allowed items.

If the system has 10 frequencies, then you get 490 talkgroups and no unit id records. That is your max.

You can enter the same system a second time and enter different talkgroups. Likely you will need to enter one system three times in terms of the frequencies. Then break down the talkgroups by area or type of service, etc.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

marksmith

The group is a subdivision of a system, so as you break down how you are going to get that massive system into the radio, you will need to break it down into multiple systems with multiple groups under each system in some logical order to you.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The line at the bottom refers to Group Quick Keys. You assign Group Quick Keys in Freescan.

After you have assigned your Group Quick Keys, then you can use a lock-out sequence to disable that quick key, essentially disabling that group, through a sequence. To toggle Group Quick Keys on or off in current system press the Function button then the number key assigned to the group. L/O locks out only individual channels - the active one.

The programming error you see happens because you are attempting to exceed memory limits for a given system. The limit for a trunked system is 500 channels. Thus your 635 talkgroups is too many.

Yeah seeing that you've only used 7% is a little confusing. That's total scanner memory and there are "sub-limits" to each "component" (system) in the scanner. Probably not the best example, but its the best I can think of now. Imagine a 55 gallon drum and the biggest thing you can put in it is a gallon jug. Overall you can have 55 gallons, but no single thing more than 128 ounces.

You'll probably need to break these systems down a little bit more to achieve what you want.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I guess MarkSmith was writing at the same time as I was. I just took a little longer to do some research - old mind I guess. :)

madjoe43

I like to say thanks for the help the info did help with fixing the over TGID problem the only thing it still shows I get 1 error when I click on it I have a log that gives me a list saying thing like Unable to set WX is one then a whole list of No APCO band plan Available for what looks like almost all my sites not sure what is causing or how to fix that. it seems to be receiving scans kind of slow compared to my GRE-800 which have all the same stuff programmed in it plus more. I still don't get the group settings I did give each system a quick key number so now on the display at the bottom where it has S0:it shows each system number I guess that's what it is, But below that next to the letters GRP: it still shows nothing just the dash's I guess the supposed to be group numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.