• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with PTT Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

sighting

I have a requirement where we need an audible pre and post tone. So I enabled PTT and RogerBeep./
Problem I am having is that the PTT is extremely loud with "in ear headsets" and I cant find where to turn the volume down for it.
Radios are NX-820 and NX-320's. Any help would truly be appreciated.

Firmware is the one just before the release yesterday, and I have the latest programing software for them.

Thank you

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Open your KPG-141.
Read your radio. Save that file.

Read the radio again and go to Optional Features 1, Common Page 2.
You can adjust the various tone levels there. I don't use the PTT tones, so not sure which one it is, you'll need to experiment.

sighting

Thank you @mmckenna For testing I set all Tone Levels in Optional Features 1, Common Page 2. to setting 5 (out of max 31). Still no luck -
PTT Release Tone seems to follow the main volume.

sighting

Optional Features 1, Common Page 2.
I Tried Setting Tone Volume Offset to -5 and the rest to off.
All tones are muted now except for the PTT Release Tone.
It still follows the main speaker volume

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
do you need to hear PTT Proceed tone?? if no, then uncheck that on Opt 2 Conventional.
That's the PTT proceed tone.

1619136345797.png

1619136399646.png
1619136431049.png

1619136465662.png

sighting

Ideally yes we would like to hear both, reason is when I am inside the race car its kind of loud and hectic. Sometimes you let go of the PTT button too quick (or your thumb slips of it). So I use the PPT Proceed Tone so I can hear inside the Helmet that I pressed the mic button and then I make sure I hear the PTT Release tone at then end to make sure I sent the full message. We do 12 and 24hour races so comms is super important for us.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Let me make sure I am hearing your statement correctly here, you're saying "PTT RELEASE TONE" in the ear

Are you saying this?
1619143806681.png

This is emitted over the air to other radios, you UNKEYED a radio.

This is not adjustable, as that is what the radio volume is set to, and that
booger is annoying. No changing that.

or you saying this?

1619143888238.png
Because THIS is controlled by this

1619143951704.png

Please give a little more detail unless this is what your are trying to silence.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
yeah, turn it off....

That signal is produced by the user/person talking, as it is injected into the tx audio circuit from the DSP.
That is not something that is field adjustable. I am digging through my NX-x00 manuals where i saw the circuit layout for it.
The 20 series does not show that.

EDIT:
NX-x00 series
1619148025989.png

NX-x20
1619148111560.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.