• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with Radio Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbo

Hi! Everybody.
I had my Jaguar 700pi for a while now.It's programmed"receive only"and it's my "pride and joy".I got "auto login""unchecked"."Transmit" and "Calls" "unchecked"on all the talkgroups.Between my LID and "Prosound/Proscan"in "system setup",I put "Power"to "Low"(Even though I'm not 100% sure that this is the place to put the "transmit power"down.Everything works just fine.
My only remaining concern would be maximum "invisibility" should Mr.Controler send a command to all radios to report.What would be the steps in "Radio Maintenance" to ensure mine would'nt respond to such a request.
Things like:"Put all the deviation and power values to zero" mentionned on other posts or any thing else I should consider before making any changes in "Radio Maintenance"
Looking foward to any input from fellow members.

Thank you!
Bert.

Last edited:

mitaux8030

Silent Key
Just unchecking auto login, transmit, calls, and don't enable any I-call functions; that will keep you off the radar just fine.

But if you're really paranoid, you can set all power levels and deviation to nothing, and physically get inside the radio and remove or disconnect the PA device... even disable the TX VCO shift function if you're really keen.

However if someone *REALLY* wanted to find you, they'd search for your RX local oscillator. That's possible, but in the 'tin foil hat' category.

rbo

That looks fine to me.I think i'll leave it as it is and forget about the idea to tamper with "Radio Maintenance"
Thanks for your insight!
Bert.

Last edited:

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
But no matter what you do, if they choose to inhibit the logical ID that is programmed into your radio, and your radio hears the command, it'll obey the command.

So, what to do...what to do...well, I don't recommend ANYTHING here, but if you were to dupe a system ID that would never be inhibited, then it would never have much of a chance of getting inhibited.

Such an ID would be, for example, the LID that comes up when a dispatch console is talking.
They're not going to disable the LID of the main police dispatch console!

Elroy

morganAL

I have actually seen a radio that someone opened up and removed the input from the modulation circuit. Even if you did key it up, it would NOT transmit the high speed data required to associate with the system. It would however still transmit a RF carrier. And yes it could still be disabled if it received the command from the CC but since it couldn't login, no one would ever know it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.