Help with Radio Shack Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

i have a trunken system programed in my radio. a edacs one. how do i only allow to hear the police and fire? how do i program just there codes? im sick of hearing mantiance and the city buses and schools. please help.

n0lqt

idle00955 said:
i have a trunken system programed in my radio. a edacs one. how do i only allow to hear the police and fire? how do i program just there codes? im sick of hearing mantiance and the city buses and schools. please help.

Easiest way is to program in only the talkgroups you want to hear and then change the scan bank to closed. Definitely, get Starrsoft's WIN96 software and an interface cable. It will save you many many keystrokes and makes experimenting with different programming options almost fun. (well, at least less of a pain in the @#^)

As an alternate, you can leave the bank "open" and program in all of the talkgroups for that system. Then, lock out those groups you don't want to hear. This will let you hear the ones you do want and any new talkgroups that may pop up from time to time for special events and the like. I prefer this method myself....

freqs

idle00955 said:
when a unwanted talk group shows up just hit your lock out button

n2mdk

The simple sort of fast way. On the talkgroups you want to hear hit the Trunk key when they become active that will store them in a sub bank, on ones you don't care for hit the L/OUT button when they become active it will also store them but lock them out at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.