Help with reception, BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
I do not know for sure if this is the correct place for this question. If not please advise me where to post. I could not find a troubleshooting section. I am new to all of this.

I received a BCT15X & Centerfire Deluxe Discone antenna. I have the antenna on a pvc pipe in the room with the scanner at present, I will mount outside at a later.

I have also acquired a used BCT8 from a local pawn shop. It works fine with the Centerfire or telescopic indoor antenna.

My concern is that the new BCT15X keeps cutting in and out, badly, even on the local frequencies in town. The Signal Meter flashes on and off in unison with the reception sound. It is very annoying. I plugged the telescopic antenna that came with the set in and moved the scanner a few feet away from where I had it set, and it still does the same thing. So it is the same with either antenna . Does not matter if the Centerfire is used or the telescopic indoor antenna.

The BCT8 is even and strong for the same local frequencies. Telescopic antennae or plugging in the Discone. It does make that waving noise if it hits on something that is static. I hit L/O to skip those. But it will pick up the surrounding area and county ok

So basically, I can have the BCT8 with telescopic antenna and the BCT15X with the Centerfire on the same local police frequency. The BCT8 is clear and steady. The BCT15X is in & out & in so bad I can not listen to it. What are the causes? Can it be a setting? I hope it something I can resolve myself. I would hate to have to return it. My wife bought it for me from Amazon for Christmas.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like priority alert or weather alert is on.. It checks about every 2 seconds for either weather alerts wx or priority channels that have been configured to check, pri or wx is what will be on the display.. This may solve your problem

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to Uniden forum as this is obviously not a problem with skip or ducting.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
Thank You All

Thank you for directing me to the appropriate section. And to those who assisted with a solution, you were right! It was a priority setting. I had no idea and was so relieved it was not the scanner. Thank you all! HAGD! All smiles, Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.