Help with RTL SDR and Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Help,
I have followed the instructions to install the sticks. I’m using Unitrunker version 27.19. I just cannot get the program to work. I see both sticks in the pull down. I have a good scope signal. I have entered the control frequency in the "park frequency" place, still no go.
The sticks work with SDR. I get waterfall and voice on an analog system. Any suggestions?

vince48

devicenull

I'm having a hard time setting the squelch values correctly. What does this correspond to? Is there any way to get a display of the current value of whatever this is based on?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Hi Vince;

Please post a screen shot of the receiver window.

Rick, jazzbassNick ,
I finally got the control channel to work. Hell, I'm not sure what the heck i did to get it going, but after reading both your emails, reconfigured SDRSharp i got it to work.
OK ,this is one small footstep for me. I also got DSDPlus showing NAC activity.

Tomorrow i will try the other stick for voice, wish me luck guys. Last and not forgotten, Thank you both for your suggestions and help.
If I can get the other stick to work, i'm selling my GRE800 and PSR500 (sadly to say).

vince48

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Guys,

Greetings. Ok, thought i had this all figured out. I feek rather dumb about this. I finally got the contrtol channel working, but how do i get the voice channel going with Unitrunker and DSDplus? I have paid version of VAC.

Thanks in advace

vince48

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Vince,

You should be able to do the following:

1. UT voice receiver's audio output should be set to "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable".
2. DSD's audio input should be set to "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable").
3. DSD's audio output should be set to your speakers.

If you want to record with Jason's program I believe you'd have to do the following.

1. Create a second VAC.
2. Use it to send the output of DSD to Jason's recorder.
3. Use the "Audio Repeater" program within DSD.
4. Select Line 2 as the "Wave in".
5. Select your speakers as the "Wave Out".
6. Click Start and then minimize the recorder.

Someone will provide me with a virtual slap (and hopefully corrections) if I'm missing or incorrect on this.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Vince,

You should be able to do the following:

1. UT voice receiver's audio output should be set to "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable".
2. DSD's audio input should be set to "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable").
3. DSD's audio output should be set to your speakers.

If you want to record with Jason's program I believe you'd have to do the following.

1. Create a second VAC.
2. Use it to send the output of DSD to Jason's recorder.
3. Use the "Audio Repeater" program within DSD.
4. Select Line 2 as the "Wave in".
5. Select your speakers as the "Wave Out".
6. Click Start and then minimize the recorder.

Someone will provide me with a virtual slap (and hopefully corrections) if I'm missing or incorrect on this.

Thank you Scott, so I only need the one stick? I was trying to use two sticks. one for control and one for signal

vince48

KC1UA

Database Admin
No, you need two. One is the signal receiver. My error on not including that above. That will need a virtual audio cable to get the control channel to UniTrunker. So you'll need a second VAC to get the audio from UT to your speakers, and I believe 3 if you want to record too.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
No, you need two. One is the signal receiver. My error on not including that above. That will need a virtual audio cable to get the control channel to UniTrunker. So you'll need a second VAC to get the audio from UT to your speakers, and I believe 3 if you want to record too.

Scott
don't i need VAC from signal to control stick?

UT signal stick - VAC1out to UT Control Stick VAC 2 out to DSDplus?

Sorry buddy for dragging into this. But I tried and still don't get any audio. When I put DSDplus input to VAC1 signal stick, I see system activity scrolling with NAC and allsorts of stuff. so I know my signal stick is working.

vince48

Danoman

Make certain the de-emphasis check box is unchecked. This filters the audio and you will not get any output from DSD with that checked. It's a bug in the current version of Unitrunker that the check box must be unchecked each time you launch the program.
I have Line 2 VAC for my Signal receiver, Line 1 VAC (default recording device) for my Voice receiver which DSD takes it's input from. The output of DSD goes to my speakers.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Danoman has it right, and I added an extra VAC in there.

Trunking Control Channel > Signal RTL Dongle > Unitrunker > Voice RTL Dongle via Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable) > DSDPlus using Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable) as input > your speakers via DSDPlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.