help with same

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i want to scan these 4 systems at the same time, im not sure if this is set up right or not. system1 entry-on code-010003 event-asteriks tag-ncc alarm-default lo-off. system2 entry-on code-010001 event-asteriks tag-kent county alarm-default lo-off. system3 entry-on code-024015 event-asteriks tag-cecil county alarm-default lo-off. system4 entry-on code-034033 event-asteriks tag-salem alarm-default lo-off. i know the codes are right for delaware-new jersey&maryland, just dont know about the entry being set to on or offand the same with the lo should it be on or off. again i want to scan all 4 systems at the same time, so if any one can help me and let me know if this set up is right or wrong. thanks for anyones help on this.

SCPD

QRT
As long as the NWS station you are tuned to with SAME standby/alert on broadcasts that SAME code it will open the alert notification. If the NWS station does not broadcast that same code then you will not be alerted. Your only other option is to get an alert weather monitor or other scanner to monitor other NWS frequencies if it will not broadcast the SAME codes.

firetrux745

Premium Subscriber
well I have a Midland Wr-300, and that works like a charm with S.A.M.E. . The scanners cannot alert on same and scan at the same time which is really a bummer . since who really wants to shut the scanner off . I have a psr400 and it is always on , all day every day unless im not home. But if you have the money then i would invest in a weather radio they are a real benifit to have

frank125

yes i am aware that the scanners can not scan and do same at the same time. i thank you for the info, however im just looking to see if the sysyems i have for same are entered right. again thank you for youre help

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
yes i am aware that the scanners can not scan and do same at the same time. i thank you for the info, however im just looking to see if the sysyems i have for same are entered right. again thank you for youre help
At about 1130 this morning a test will be run by NWS. Set your scanner to STBY and check it out.

This test will also work if you set local WX freq to PRI and scanning with PRI set but this method responds to the 1020 KHz tone only... not SAME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.