Help with scaning the Volusia lifeguards

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmojo

On vacation and programed my scanner before I left. In atlanta we use the MOT and I understand that system. Here they use the EDACS Network System. I set up all the freqs and the channel numbers but I dont even hear squelch. I run a scan over the regular 800 and pick up several breaks and hear police fire ect. Any help woud be nice. I use a Uniden BC246T .
Thanks in advance to all,

Docmojo

dgoodson

Feed Provider
my notes and recollection are that you need to load in both data for Volusia system 1 and system 2 separately, as if they were two different systems. Depending on where you are in the county, will determine which system is active. Every talkgroup is not active on every system. I think you will hear NSB lifeguards on 12-036 on system 1 (but not system 2) for example.

jsterba

New Smyrna Beach city and PD is on the A system (1) so I would assume that beach patrol would be also. Daytona Beach is on the B system (2). Beach patrol might be active on both systems since the beach is considered county, not city, jurisdiction. The talkgroups for Volusia County Sheriff are on both systems from what I've noticed, so it might be the same for beach patrol since they fall under the Sheriff's jurisdiction. I normally don't listen to that, so I'll add those talkgroups to one of my banks on both systems and see what I hear.

gcr33

In the GE system in use you cannot start with channel 1 in position 0 it must start in position 1
This is true for all the GE Tinker Toy systems. It's not a wide area system that's why they have two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.