Help with Scanner and Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctc1958

I am looking to monitor public safety frequencies, specifically fire station alarms, in multiple counties and hopefully record these when I am not at home on my PC or some other device. Can someone recommend a scanner, as well as any and all software I need to load the proper frequencies and link same to my computer for recording those calls.

I have no experience in this area, so one ignorant newbie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I am looking to monitor public safety frequencies, specifically fire station alarms, in multiple counties and hopefully record these when I am not at home on my PC or some other device. Can someone recommend a scanner, as well as any and all software I need to load the proper frequencies and link same to my computer for recording those calls.

I have no experience in this area, so one ignorant newbie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to RR.com. You are going to find a whole lot of people ready, willing, and extremely able to answer your questions, but you have to help us, too. Florida is a very large place. It would be much easier to answer you questions if you were to narrow your location somewhat.

Having said that, I urge you to return to your User CP (the left side of the second blue bar from the top of any page if you are logged in) and edit your profile to include your location (city and state) as you were requested to do in the material e-mailed to you when you registered. Many of the questions you will have, and their answers, are going to be location specific and without having your location being a little more explicit you will be asked over and over again what it is. So fill it in now and be done with it.

Again, welcome to RR.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.