Help with scanner noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

rngr2000

I am picking up some stray noises on my newly acquired PRO-2030. I am using this scanner to provide my scanner feed to RR. It only monitors Lawrence County Sheriff (460.4250), Lawrenceburg Fire Department (154.0250), Lawrence County SKYWARN (146.6550), Lawrence County EMS (155.400), Lawrence County VFD (154.3700) and Lawrenceburg Fire Department (155.1600). My problem is that I have been getting some strange sounds on the Sheriffs frequency (460.4250). I did not get this on the Uniden BC 560 XLT scanner I was using before, nor do I pick it up on the PRO-163 in my truck. I do hear regular traffic on that channel just fine and the odd sounds are really sporadic and random. Sometimes I will here it several times in a few minutes other times I may not hear it for hours. Please help me identify and eliminate. I have attached a clip of the noise. For what its worth the scanner is connected to a Radio Shack 20-176 (sputnik style) antenna mounted in my attic and new Radio Shack coax. I did change to the RS antenna and coax at the same time I started using the new scanner.

Link to audio clip
Chirbit - scanner noise 2 - rngr2000 - share audio easily

frazpo

I am picking up some stray noises on my newly acquired PRO-2030. I am using this scanner to provide my scanner feed to RR. It only monitors Lawrence County Sheriff (460.4250), Lawrenceburg Fire Department (154.0250), Lawrence County SKYWARN (146.6550), Lawrence County EMS (155.400), Lawrence County VFD (154.3700) and Lawrenceburg Fire Department (155.1600). My problem is that I have been getting some strange sounds on the Sheriffs frequency (460.4250). I did not get this on the Uniden BC 560 XLT scanner I was using before, nor do I pick it up on the PRO-163 in my truck. I do hear regular traffic on that channel just fine and the odd sounds are really sporadic and random. Sometimes I will here it several times in a few minutes other times I may not hear it for hours. Please help me identify and eliminate. I have attached a clip of the noise. For what its worth the scanner is connected to a Radio Shack 20-176 (sputnik style) antenna mounted in my attic and new Radio Shack coax. I did change to the RS antenna and coax at the same time I started using the new scanner.

Link to audio clip
Chirbit - scanner noise 2 - rngr2000 - share audio easily

That almost sounds like faint data bursts. Have you searched that frequency to see if there are is a distant digital channel on same frequency. You have an antenna on the 2030? Will it squelch out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.