Help with scanning Zone 3 Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
to listen to talkgroup, do you need a special scanner? One one I have, will that do it? How can you set up the scanner to listen to talkgroup? Let me know. Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
to listen to talkgroup, do you need a special scanner? One one I have, will that do it? How can you set up the scanner to listen to talkgroup? Let me know. Thanks

Hi Robin, yes you need a trunktracking scanner that trunktracks VHF Motorola type II.

I see in your signature that you are using a BC72XLT. It's not a trunktracker.:(

You can listen to the voice channel freq's to hear the analog stuff, but since they "jump" from freq. to freq. it will be rather tedious.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
When I listen to EMS, I used the Bell FleetNet freq. You are saying if I buy a trunktracker scanner and I program the CACC freq. into the scanner the jumping around , so to say will stop.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
When I listen to EMS, I used the Bell FleetNet freq. You are saying if I buy a trunktracker scanner and I program the CACC freq. into the scanner the jumping around , so to say will stop.

Yes: Provided you program in the tower you can hear properly with the base frequency's and offsets.

All of this info for the 246 is in the sticky at the top of the forum and the wiki has all kinds of info as well.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Yes: Provided you program in the tower you can hear properly with the base frequency's and offsets.

All of this info for the 246 is in the sticky at the top of the forum and the wiki has all kinds of info as well.

Talking about base freq. and offsets.

Base Spacing Offset
141.0150 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632
System ID List

System ID Connect Tone
8230 Unknown

The text between the line, what is that? (and what is the spacing and offsets?) Can you give me a link that will explain to me the RR Custom Freq. Table please.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Talking about base freq. and offsets.

Base Spacing Offset
141.0150 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632
System ID List

System ID Connect Tone
8230 Unknown

The text between the line, what is that? (and what is the spacing and offsets?) Can you give me a link that will explain to me the RR Custom Freq. Table please.

Whatever you name is (Robin) Do yourself a favour, when you figure out which scanner to buy (here comes 10 more related threads, lol) download yourself a version of scanner software(I think your scanner comes with some, if not ARC is really good) and then you can simply use data that has been prepared and made already and you can apply it for your towers.

All the data will be already installed in your scanner and you can see just how those pesky base, and offsets, etc work.

You will not be able to monitor your beloved EMS without setting the offsets listed above.
There are wiki pages that explain everything and again the sticky at the top of this section give you a STEP-BY-STEP play by play on how to program it in by hand using a 246.

Believe me, I figured out all this stuff out and I know nothing about nothing when it comes to tech stuff.

Last edited:

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
So is the software an essential or it just make your life easier. You keep refering to «sticky» what are they and where are they?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
So is the software an essential or it just make your life easier.

You keep refering to «sticky» what are they and where are they?

Yes you. can cut and paste info from this site using various forms of software that make your programming as easy as operating excel.
You can import data from this here database and from other scanner buffs files.

http://www.radioreference.com/forum...ner-bell-mobility-radios-fleetnet-system.html

What you gotta remember now with trunk tracking scanners is that it isnt just punching in a number anymore but programming.

Again, all of this is real easy once you get the hang of it.

balou

clem in timmins opp is p25

im in kap
you get them all moh mnr opp mto
very simple to get
get yourself a pro-96 scanner and youll be all set

hitsfm

scanner zone 3

time for clemroi1 to get a real scanner spend a few bucks time to move on an listen to the real world

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
I just bought myself a uniden bc246t. I read how to program Bell fleetnet into the scanner. What I'm wondering, is after having program the Custom Freq. table into the scanner and the control channel, do I need to enter the talkgroups after individualy in the system or the system is allready program and the list in Zone 3 is only as a reference if one of those freq are active. In the database at Scanner Frequencies: Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 3 Trunking System, Northeast Zone, Ontario, for a trunktracker scanner I only need to worry about the freq. in blue and red of the desired city right? The freq.. with black numbers, that not for me to worry?

hitsfm

uniden bc246t

uniden bc246t wont do p25 aka project 25 bellfleetnet you need a real scanner not a toy

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
How can I program different site under the same system (if that's possible) on a Bell FleetNet Zone 3. I want to monitor Timmins but I also want to program North Bay and Sudbury because I go there often. I have a Uniden BC246T. Also hitsfm, I don't want to monitor OPP, I want to monitor EMS.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Just put the control channels into the same site. The scanner will lock onto the first one it finds.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Just put the control channels into the same site. The scanner will lock onto the first one it finds.

Yes Mike I know, but following your step by step instructions, how do you put multiple sites into the same system.

Sorry for these dumb question. I just switch recently fron my 100-channels Nascar scanner to the Uniden trunktracker III (BC246T).

Thanks apreciate your help as always.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes Mike I know, but following your step by step instructions, how do you put multiple sites into the same system

No, you don't know. If you did, you wouldn't be asking this question.

The BC246T does not support multiple sites in one system like the BC996T (and possibly the new BC396XT).

Therefore, you must put the control channels for the other sites into the same system. Just enter them as additional frequencies the same as you did for the frequencies on the first site. This only works for sites that are not in the same geographic area.

The scanner will lock onto the first control channel it finds and you will only scan that site.

If you are trying to scan multiple sites in the same geographic area, you will need to create multiple systems. Just copy the first system and then go in and change the frequencies to the site you want to listen to.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
While scanning a Bell Fleetnet system, can you scan other systems on your scanner?

Is it absolutly necessary to enter the site number of the site that you want to monitor (Bell Fleetnet)? (Here is a situation. I programed Timmins site into the system. I'm now in North Bay, can I just add NB control channels into the Timmins site or I need to change the site number and then add NB control channels)

If I change or add the/a site number, will my programed talkgroups be erased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.