Help with SDR#, Airspy, and Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

I've been using Unitrunker with a discriminator-tapped Uniden BCD996T for a long time now. Love 'em both!

Today I picked up an Airspy dongle thingy and installed SDR#. Man, that thing is gorgeous!

I noticed that I can get way up into the 1.7Ghz bands with Airspy.

Up there, I found some familiar-sounding trunking control channels! Very mysterious, I can't wait to figure out what they are.

My BCD996T won't go way up there to investigate, though.

Can someone help me figure out how I can use my SDR# program in place of my Uniden scanner so that Unitrunker will hear those 1.7Ghz frequencies and decode them?

1. I installed virtual control cable, thinking that might help. The audio quality from it is way different than the discriminator-tapped microphone input, so that doesn't seem to help.

2. I read the Unitrunker info about using Airspy, but that seems to be for using Airspy with trunking data already saved in the Unitrunker database. I want to be able to use SDR# like a scanner, to browse around the bands, and then have it send audio out to Unitrunker to decode.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Airdorn

Nevermind. I just needed to play around with the audio settings in both programs.

Turns out, those trunked systems up there in the 1.7 Ghz ranger were just a rehash of the old familiar ones I listen to down in the 850 Mhz range.

Status
Not open for further replies.