Help With SDR Stream Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Premium Subscriber
I have new Project need some advice, I like to set up a broadcastify stream, I have an Airspy R2 SDR our local police uses P25 Phase 1 trunk system they will be switching over to Phase 2 in June of this year, I'm looking for something where I could use a Raspberry PI with Sdrtrunk or OP25? like to have dedicated hardware so I do not have to leave my computer on any help would be greatly appreciated

a417

U+0000
then you obviously haven't read far enough. If you poked around there, you would have stumbled across OP25 and it's liquidsoap streaming setup.

I'll link to the actual github page with the readme for you, but all that information is all over this board. It has not made the wiki yet (but the wiki is a little stale in some places).

qc

Premium Subscriber
then you obviously haven't read far enough. If you poked around there, you would have stumbled across OP25 and it's liquidsoap streaming setup.

I'll link to the actual github page with the readme for you, but all that information is all over this board. It has not made the wiki yet (but the wiki is a little stale in some places).
Thanks for the link but I don't see any mention of OP25 it only has Trunk Recorder and liquidsoap if I click on the link I do see reference under How Trunk Recorder Works you use GNURadio and OP25 if you someone can update the wiki to add OP25 to the Trunk Recorder Alternative Broadcasting Software and Clients - The RadioReference Wiki

qc

Premium Subscriber
Yes I do you understand, Thank you for the link I do suggest the RadioReference Wik be updated "if is very common, and quite frequently done" it will help reduce similar question on the Forums, I do have a working raspberry pi

Last edited:

a417

U+0000
Ok, do you have git installed, and have a working build environment?

If yes, then you can go to the link I posted to you in #9 and clone the repository and get OP25 running with the instructions found in the README.

If no, then we will have to get you to the point where you can build & compile software on your raspi.

the wiki itself said:
The RadioReference.com Wiki Reference
This is the RadioReference.com Open Reference Source, the Radio Communications Resource that any RadioReference user can edit. Please feel free to share your knowledge by contributing information.

you could contribute so as to help others after you! (y)

[edited - atrocious sentence structure]

a417

U+0000
Clone the git repo, then run the install.sh batch file in the op25 directory. The maintainer keeps it relatively up to date with dependencies and it should "apt install" everything you need to get it going.

Reactions: qc
Status
Not open for further replies.