Help with SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Nice catch slicerwizard.

The RTL2832U driver doesn't like playing with other devices on the USB, Unplug them to test. I have this issue with flash drives.

Cheers.

Dog

It looks like you are using windows 7. Can you click on the start button, in the search filed at the bottom type "device manager", when you see device manager at the top click to open it. At or close to the bottom it should say "Universal Serial Bus Devices" click the arrow to expand that and post a screen capture?

Dog

With the dongle plugged in right click and click uninstall on the bottom two devices, "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" and "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 1)".

Windows will probably try to install new drivers again let it finish,

Open the sdrsharp-x86 folder, double click "install-rtlsdr.bat". (If you can't see the file extension .bat. :
Displaying the File Extension in Windows Vista and Windows 7

Click the Start menu. This is the round icon that is on the bottom left corner of your screen.
Type "folder options" (without the quotes). Click the line "Folder Options" that appears at the top of the Start menu.
A dialog box with the title "Folder Options" will appear. Click the "View" tab at the top of the window.
Click to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".
Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the dialog box.

When it asks you about Zadig, click on options at the top, click "List all devices", in the drop down box in the main window choose "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)", Click "Replace Driver". Wait for it to finish.

Go through the setup it is step by step.

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
i did what the screen showed and then i went to the zadig file and ran the file and then i searched the devices and then clicked on the device that was listed and i am not sure

M105

Did you press the play button? Did you click the gear icon and set up the receiver?

thewraith2008

In you post (#31) you show a image of zadig after driver installation. Problem is you just installed the driver to some random USB device and not your dongle.

You clearly have not followed the clear and concise instructions on the web page I provided in my post #7 and again in #18.

You also are not providing feedback about steps your asked to take and how the outcome went. Other than to say, it's still not working.

Please don't be offended by my tone, it's only frustration on my part. But honestly if your having this amount of problems just getting the dongle running, then what comes next is going to be a real kicker.

SDR is not know for its 1 click operation. It usually requires linking one program to two or more another programs.

Hope you get it going, because SDR is fun to explore the spectrum around you and listen to some interesting traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.