BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Help with select service types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I tried to switch that on and off and it is not working .Not for nation .I try to put in a state.That does not even show up .What and I doing wrong ??
Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Tried to switch what on and off. Where did you try to put in a state? Not sure what you did or are trying to do...

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you want location. Just put in zip code, select range, the go to services and toggle on/off what you want to listen to. Tweak from there.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've found something if I'm scanning only Favorites Lists (as in the main database is off) that may be a clue for you.

If a given service type isn't associated with a channel in any of the Favorites Lists, I do not have the option to turn that service type on or off.

For example, none of my Favorites Lists have any channels with "Media" as the service type. When I go to "Select Service Types" from the scanner menu, I'll see three dashes beside Media in the "Select Service" screen.

On the other hand, for example, I have "EMS Dispatch" as the service type for channels programmed in the Favorites Lists. Thus I'll see "On" or "Off" beside the "EMS Dispatch" when I go to Menu>Select Service Types.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Best method I've found is to turn on all the service types and then use a series of small, single agency favorites files. If I want to hear the Border Patrol for example, I just activate that favorites list. I also set up what I call "travel lists" for each county in Arizona besides the one I live in. That way, as I enter a county line, I can easily scroll to the appropriate favorites list and turn it on - no need to hassle with entering zip codes or connecting a GPS.

-AZ

kd7eir

I do the same as AZ. I have all service types turned on and control what I hear via very narrowly defined favorites lists. For instance, in Tucson I have separate favorites for each of the TPD teams, TFD, corrections, etc

Sent from my fertile imagination.

Soundman

Help .Well I thought I had it . I have a favorite . I went to write it into my scanner .It said it went in . But when I went to try it .It not there .I have the nation on and the services on .
Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just to be sure I understand, are you saying you've written a Favoites List to the scanner, but the scanner isn't scanning that Favorites List?

If that's the case, the first thing I'd do is confirm that the Favorites List is indeed in the scanner. You can verify this by Menu>Manage Favorites then scroll down to see if that Favorites List is there.

If it is, then I'd run through the "x36 Nothing to Scan checklist" and see if one or more things there isn't the culprit.

(You might not be seeing that "Nothing to Scan" message on the scanner. I suspect that's because you are scanning the Full Database, thus there is something to scan, but not necessarily exactly what you want).

Soundman

Bing go that what it is say nothing to scan .But in the program I have a Favorite in ready to go . I clicked write to scanner .But I still get nothing to scan. This worked for me before . But now it is not working . :/ The national works fine.
Thanks ofd8001 for your help .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The link below goes to the "x36 Nothing to Scan Checklist". There are many little things that could be the culprit.

Most likely you have changed something and what was working before, isn't now. You just have to do some detective work and see what it is.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...4-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html#post2121181

Things I'd be checking first are all quick keys on (FL, System and Department), then check location information.

Status
Not open for further replies.