Help with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I have a favorites list with one P25 simulcast system, and two separate Motorola trunked systems. I am trying to add a single conventional (800 mhz) group of 5 frequencies. Thats all just simply 5 individual 800 mhz freqs.... But when I (edit) make a NEW favorite in the favorites list there is no way to ADD the 5 frequencies I want. I can find them in database but the "append to favorites list" option is greyed out and I cant manually add them. Makes no sense! I am sure this radio (SDS200) is capable of letting me add a simple thing like this. Can someone show me step by step how to do this? All Sentinel will allow me to do is add a "system" but there is no system, just 5 freqs.

u2brent

OAMPT
In the FL you wish to add them to,
open the editor and click the Green Plus to add a system and select Conventional from the drop down menu,
Then in the new System you created, repeat the process only this time you add a Department. Once created you repeat that process to add those CH's..
872841593292118389.png

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a favorites list with one P25 simulcast system, and two separate Motorola trunked systems. I am trying to add a single conventional (800 mhz) group of 5 frequencies. Thats all just simply 5 individual 800 mhz freqs.... But when I (edit) make a NEW favorite in the favorites list there is no way to ADD the 5 frequencies I want. I can find them in database but the "append to favorites list" option is greyed out and I cant manually add them. Makes no sense! I am sure this radio (SDS200) is capable of letting me add a simple thing like this. Can someone show me step by step how to do this? All Sentinel will allow me to do is add a "system" but there is no system, just 5 freqs.
You can't simply add additional frequencies all by themselves. You must add them to a system, which is where the scanner looks for conventional channels to be scanned. And, of course, that system has to be in a Favorites list.

If all five frequencies are in the same Department listing the database, then append that department. If they are in more than one department, you can highlight the one you want and append only that frequency, but Sentinel will include the system name & department where the frequency was found in the database. When appendin, use either an existing Favorites list, or have Sentinel create a new on for the first append, then use that list to contain any other appends that you want to scan together.

You can always edit one of your existing lists, then add a System & Department with just those five, or create a new Favorites with a System/Department with only those five frequencies. u2Brent has the manual edit screenshot.

Note that if you plan to use location control when you scan these frequencies, you would be better served if you appended them from the main database. That way, you are including the location details for the appended frequencies and department(s). If adding manually to a list, whether a new list, or an existing one, if you intend to use location control, then location info needs to be there. If it's not, and the location filds are blank, the scanner presumes that the location is zero degrees for both latitude & longitude, which is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa. Needless to say, that would be well out of any range you enter, and they would never be scanned.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
You can't simply add additional frequencies all by themselves. You must add them to a system, which is where the scanner looks for conventional channels to be scanned. And, of course, that system has to be in a Favorites list.

If all five frequencies are in the same Department listing the database, then append that department. If they are in more than one department, you can highlight the one you want and append only that frequency, but Sentinel will include the system name & department where the frequency was found in the database. When appendin, use either an existing Favorites list, or have Sentinel create a new on for the first append, then use that list to contain any other appends that you want to scan together.

You can always edit one of your existing lists, then add a System & Department with just those five, or create a new Favorites with a System/Department with only those five frequencies. u2Brent has the manual edit screenshot.

Note that if you plan to use location control when you scan these frequencies, you would be better served if you appended them from the main database. That way, you are including the location details for the appended frequencies and department(s). If adding manually to a list, whether a new list, or an existing one, if you intend to use location control, then location info needs to be there. If it's not, and the location filds are blank, the scanner presumes that the location is zero degrees for both latitude & longitude, which is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa. Needless to say, that would be well out of any range you enter, and they would never be scanned.
OK Thank you, I now see what I was doing wrong! I get it now....first SYSTEM then DEPARTMENT then Channels" Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.