Help with setting up Grecom PSR-800 for NJICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGPhoto

Hello. Sorry if not positing in the correct place. Cranford and other surrounding towns in Union County recently transitioned to NJICS. I found the Cranford and Westfield PDs on the the scanlist after updating the database. I then assigned these to a new scanlist. A few questions. I only see one Cranford PD listed on the scanlist. Could there be others? I'm not hearing as much activity as I would normally hear. Are there other talkgroups that I need to add or something else to do? Also, the audio quality is distorted at times and not as good as it was before the transition. Is there a setting to clean up the sound? Sorry again for the basic questions, but never had to deal with this before until very recently. Thanks in advance for all help.

tvengr

Well Known Member

GGPhoto

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to do with the NJICS link. Is there an FAQ or something I can read to get up to speed?

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Hello. Sorry if not positing in the correct place. Cranford and other surrounding towns in Union County recently transitioned to NJICS. I found the Cranford and Westfield PDs on the the scanlist after updating the database. I then assigned these to a new scanlist. A few questions. I only see one Cranford PD listed on the scanlist. Could there be others? I'm not hearing as much activity as I would normally hear. Are there other talkgroups that I need to add or something else to do? Also, the audio quality is distorted at times and not as good as it was before the transition. Is there a setting to clean up the sound? Sorry again for the basic questions, but never had to deal with this before until very recently. Thanks in advance for all help.

You’re very unlikely to get good reception on any scanner on the NJICS other than an SDS series scanner. Try and limit your scanned sites to the West Orange simulcast and the Union County simulcast as those department affiliate to those sites.

Edit: Additionally, make sure your service tags are enabled correctly but again, you’re going to miss a substantial amount of audio with your current scanner and there are no filters or adjustments that will fix this.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you click on that link, it will show you the frequencies you need for the Union Co site and all of the talkgroups in Union Co such as Fire, EMS, PD, Etc. New Jersey State Police Troop B, which covers Union Co, also has talkgroups on the NJICS system.

GGPhoto

It's starting to make sense now where to find the talkgroups. I'm still missing calls or parts of a call, but maybe can't do anything about that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.