Help with Somerset County

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program the Somerset County trunked system into my psr600. When I do so, what type of system do I need to select, "MOT VHF/UFH or something else? Also, I am just programming the control channels or all of them? Lastly, do I need to program in those pesky custom trunking tables? If so, is there someone here that can show me a "plain English" example as I am having trouble.

W2SJW

Database Admin
1 - Yes to the VHF/UHF option.
2 - Yes to just the control channels. The modern GRE units won't follow a Motorola system any other way.
3 - The base & offset tables are absolutely required to properly follow a VHF/UHF system (all 3 for this system, to be exact).

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for replying so fast, okay, now that I got that out of the way, when I look at the trunking tables, it asks me for, "Lo ch, Hi ch, offset, base freq, and step??? I am so lost with this. If you are familiar with this system, what is the input for each? I did look at RR but this is all foreign to me...

Highpockets

Thank you for replying so fast, okay, now that I got that out of the way, when I look at the trunking tables, it asks me for, "Lo ch, Hi ch, offset, base freq, and step??? I am so lost with this. If you are familiar with this system, what is the input for each? I did look at RR but this is all foreign to me...

You should have the programming cable, if you want to setup Win500 (30 Day Free Trail) install the cable driver, I have a Somerset County file setup that you can upload to your scanner. Then you can edit, add to, delete what you need to make the file more to your liking:

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

If your interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the file.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Ha, you beat me to it!

I was going to pull the tables out of my old memory file for my 500 when I woke up tomorrow...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Highpockets

I used the North Site for the State Police in that file, if you don't receive the north site, you'll have to add the Central Freq's in the freq section for the SP System and change the Multi Site to Roam.

I didn't think about what was needed (Site) for Somerset County living at the Shore. :(

W2SJW

Database Admin
If he wants to listen to Franklin, he can program that as well, but it really should be added as a separate system (you cannot safely combine the base & offset tables for both sites into one single list).

I fought this numerous times with the senior admins, to no avail. Regardless of the fact that they both share the same site controller at the county, the fact that both systems operate in almost mutual exclusivity makes it a valid reason to keep them separated (and to avoid confusing the new guys!)...

Highpockets

If he wants to listen to Franklin, he can program that as well, but it really should be added as a separate system (you cannot safely combine the base & offset tables for both sites into one single list).

I fought this numerous times with the senior admins, to no avail. Regardless of the fact that they both share the same site controller at the county, the fact that both systems operate in almost mutual exclusivity makes it a valid reason to keep them separated (and to avoid confusing the new guys!)...

I agree, it should be separate.

RBFD415

I'm having the same issue with Somerset and Franklin can I access the file or can you send it to me? Also having an issue with Ocean County. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.