HELP with SPEEDWAY PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelursfan

Does anyone know how to pick up the SPEEDWAY POLICE DEPT on a scanner? I am scanning the Freq listed but hear no activity. I have the new PRO 106 digital trunking scanner.

steelursfan

HELP with Speedway PD

I am thinking I have the wrong Frequencies or something? Or they have something in effect that I can not pick up there signal? The frequencies I have are: 155.4750, 155.7000, and 155.8500 and 154.1450 for Speedway FD. Are those correct? If so, why can I not pick up there signal? What can I do to pick there signal up? I have the PRO 106 Digital Trunking Scanner from Radio Shack.

KD4YGG

Database Admin

Attachments

• V01-Indianapolis.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 8

steelursfan

AWSOME!! Thank-you! Do I need to change any of the settings before I load it into my PRO 106? Or is it already all set up?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Once you download the file to the scanner be sure to make sure that ALL attenuation settings are for OFF, thats both Global and Local. This is accomplished by first hitting FUNC ATT until the G is not displayed, then Hitting ATT untill all attenuation is turned off.

steelursfan

Thank-you for the Help, I did what you had said, but could you please tell me what doing that does? What taking off the G and the ATT does? Does it make it to where I the signal comes in clearer or what? Sorry I am NEW, a beginner, to all this new type of scanner.

steelursfan

Ok I have uploaded the attachment onto my scanner but it seems a lot of the channels I am picking up are coming in broken at times. Is there anything I can do about that?

jamesa53

In the TSYS objects tab for your MECA system make sure ATT is not checked. Make sure AGC and SuperTrack and Boost are checked.

steelursfan

Ok did that, still seems some transmissions are broken. Anything else I can do? Or does it just mean those are out of the reach of my scanner?

jamesa53

I know that there are several members in this forum who also have had difficulty receiving MECA transmissions Maybe one of them can offer some advice to you. You may have to get an outside antenna to receive it. I can receive them fine in downtown Indy with a 106 with the RS 800 mhz antenna. The upside is it sounds like your 106 is set up correctly.

Viper43

If it's any help I have had Speedway police officers and firefighters tell me they have the same issues with their radios. Sometimes moving a foot one direction or another helps...the signal is flaky around Speedway

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
SPD is also on the SAFE-T

1184 04a A 49 SPPD OPS Speedway PD Operations Law Tac
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.