Help with Tags online

Status
Not open for further replies.

martell1289

Hi, I just got the audio working on my live feed to radio reference, I'm now trying to figure out why I can't see the alpha tags when using Windows Media Player or Real Player. I'm pretty sure it is a settings issue, just not sure where I need to go to make the changes to get it to work. Any ideas? By the way, my live feed is Worcester, Middlesex, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Plymouth, Bristol and Providence counties on the radio reference live feed list. Maybe others are seeing the tags and it's just me, need feedback to be sure....Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Hi, I just got the audio working on my live feed to radio reference, I'm now trying to figure out why I can't see the alpha tags when using Windows Media Player or Real Player. I'm pretty sure it is a settings issue, just not sure where I need to go to make the changes to get it to work. Any ideas? By the way, my live feed is Worcester, Middlesex, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Plymouth, Bristol and Providence counties on the radio reference live feed list. Maybe others are seeing the tags and it's just me, need feedback to be sure....Thanks.

Actually, I see your tags just fine. Windows Media Player and Real Player don't show tags, so you must find a compatible program that does. Right now, the major options are to use Winamp or the Beta Java Player online. I am however building my own player (you can see from the screen shot below, and it does include tag support). Actually, thanks to your feed I discovered a bug. Seems my system tray icon didn't like text bigger than 64 characters (like your feed name).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 160

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Are you going to offer this player for FREE? Where can we get it? And Itunes alos shows TAG info albeit in small text.

eaf1956
KC9LVX

SCPD

QRT
Are you going to offer this player for FREE? Where can we get it? And Itunes alos shows TAG info albeit in small text.

eaf1956
KC9LVX

Yes.. I did forget about Itunes. That is another popular one.

My player won't be free, but it won't be expensive either. My guess is that I will offer it for around $10-20 (probably not as high as $20) and then premium options for around $2 / month or something small (like to show the amount of listeners or use playlists).

martell1289

Thanks for the feedback and insight

Guys, your feedback is much appreciated, many thanks to all......oh yea, if you need someone to QA that new tool, let me know. I used to be a software test engineer.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Guys, your feedback is much appreciated, many thanks to all......oh yea, if you need someone to QA that new tool, let me know. I used to be a software test engineer.

Mike
Sounds good, I can definitely use you once I finish up this last part of the feed browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.