help with the pro 97 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf10851

ok I have a pro 97 that I have been using for about a year in southern CA with absolutely no problems. I moved up to northern CA (Sacramento area) and tried to program in the codes for Sacramento County using a trial version of win97 and I get no sound at all now. It looks like it is scanning properly it will stop on a channel the little lightning bolt symbol appears but no sound at all. I do get sound from the keypad though so I know that the speaker is working. even when I manually scan the CB frequency band same thing and I have tried playing with the squelch so it is not that and I have the volume turned all the way up also :) so it is not that.
any help??
thanks

Sac916

wolf10851 said:
ok I have a pro 97 that I have been using for about a year in southern CA with absolutely no problems. I moved up to northern CA (Sacramento area) and tried to program in the codes for Sacramento County using a trial version of win97 and I get no sound at all now. It looks like it is scanning properly it will stop on a channel the little lightning bolt symbol appears but no sound at all. I do get sound from the keypad though so I know that the speaker is working. even when I manually scan the CB frequency band same thing and I have tried playing with the squelch so it is not that and I have the volume turned all the way up also :) so it is not that.
any help??
thanks
Which radio systems have you programmed?
Do you get audio when you monitor any of the weather pre-programmed channels?

RayK

Have you tried using the earphone jack,you could have a diry jack connection,try using a plug in and out a few times to excerise the contacts.
Ray

wolf10851

antfreq said:
Which radio systems have you programmed?
Do you get audio when you monitor any of the weather pre-programmed channels?
no I don't get audio on the weather channels and I tried the headphone jack and that didn't help either

wolf10851

anyone else have any ideas?

I took it into radio shack today and they were of no use except to tell me that it is still under warranty however I don't know if it is a bad scanner or just a setting that needs to be changed

timmer

Is there a "mute" function on it that somehow got turned on? If not, then it probably is going to need repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.