help with the pro 97 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf10851

ok I have a pro 97 that I have been using for about a year in southern CA with absolutely no problems. I moved up to northern CA (Sacramento area) and tried to program in the codes for Sacramento County using a trial version of win97 and I get no sound at all now. It looks like it is scanning properly it will stop on a channel the little lightning bolt symbol appears but no sound at all. I do get sound from the keypad though so I know that the speaker is working. even when I manually scan the CB frequency band same thing and I have tried playing with the squelch so it is not that and I have the volume turned all the way up also :) so it is not that.
any help??
thanks

Sac916

wolf10851 said:
ok I have a pro 97 that I have been using for about a year in southern CA with absolutely no problems. I moved up to northern CA (Sacramento area) and tried to program in the codes for Sacramento County using a trial version of win97 and I get no sound at all now. It looks like it is scanning properly it will stop on a channel the little lightning bolt symbol appears but no sound at all. I do get sound from the keypad though so I know that the speaker is working. even when I manually scan the CB frequency band same thing and I have tried playing with the squelch so it is not that and I have the volume turned all the way up also :) so it is not that.
any help??
thanks

Which radio systems have you programmed?
Do you get audio when you monitor any of the weather pre-programmed channels?

RayK

Have you tried using the earphone jack,you could have a diry jack connection,try using a plug in and out a few times to excerise the contacts.
Ray

wolf10851

antfreq said:
Which radio systems have you programmed?
Do you get audio when you monitor any of the weather pre-programmed channels?
no I don't get audio on the weather channels and I tried the headphone jack and that didn't help either

wolf10851

anyone else have any ideas?

I took it into radio shack today and they were of no use except to tell me that it is still under warranty however I don't know if it is a bad scanner or just a setting that needs to be changed

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
timmer said:
Is there a "mute" function on it that somehow got turned on? If not, then it probably is going to need repaired.

No, there is no mute function. It sounds like the speaker crapped out on ya. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.