help with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello im having trouble running laptop with 996t on hp pavillion. i have the newest updates. running windows vista. i can run my gre-500 on the laptop with no problem.when i click on usad the the icon shows up. where you have scaaner contro; write to scanner etc. when i click on on line scanner the scanner will only run about 25 seconds then the screen goes blank. and freezes. i have the uniden usb-1 cable. i downloaded the software from scanner- master. i previsouly downloaded the software from uniden on my pc and i dont see where i can download again. i think i can only use unidens once.anyway both units run fine on pc, gre runs fine on laptop just not the uniden.as i said i can get it to run for about 25 secs then screen goes blank and freezes. i believe i have 64 bit. i did download both downloads fron scanner master and installed both, i evendid just the vista and still same problem, any thoughts on what i can do to get this right, thanks for any help on this.

frank125

up man some help usad

Sounds like a driver issue for the USB-1. Latest driver info is at:

USB-1Drivers < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

hello up man i downloaded the driver from the link and tried to run scanner with on line control and same thing runs about 20-25 secs then screen cuts out and freezes any other thoughts. is the driver from uniden the same as the prolific why do my uniden& gre run fine on the pc. and also the gre runs fine on the laptop just not the 996t, help any other thoughts thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.