Help with tow truck frequencies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooniorjr

Premium Subscriber
Trying to find four local towing company frequencies. They do police tows for most of the agencies in the far south suburbs of Chicago(i.e. Chicago Heights, Steger, Crete,etc.). The four I' m looking for are TMW in Crete, A-1 and Expert in Chicago Heights, and Coy's in Matteson.

I have searched RR and CARMA, no luck.......

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Sometimes a lot of tow companies lease radios/repeaters from local communications companies. In my area a lot of them used to run on UHF LTR systems owned by various communications companies. That may be a good start, Though they may not be listed in any database. Sometimes it's hit and miss, you just have to program the LTR frequencies in your scanner in Locical Channel Order, Similar to how you would program an Ericsson system. Once you have the repeaters in order, Scan in open mode and see if you can pick up anything that sounds like tow companies. Often times too they may just simply be using radios without a license... I've seen that done plenty of times through out the years as well. Good luck

AC9BX

What they said.

I hear a few towing companies near me on a region wide trunk system. It especially happens when companies consolidate. What was a local company is now regional.

It can be a challenge to track these down. Using a "spectrum sweep" feature if you have it available in proximity to one of the trucks or offices may help you find at least one frequency which you can then use to maybe identify the system.

stevelton

I would also suggest that since these tow companies are in the chicagoland area, they may be using ABEEP's NXDN trunked system. NXDN trunking itself is hard to monitor, and I would bet a few pennies its encrypted.

Steven

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
ABEEP LKPT Ltr=TG 0-08-100=Heartbreak Towing....ESP Wireless #1-900mgz-TG3869=Ohare Towing....Just a couple i monitor in bad weather....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The ABEEP LKPT LTR System uses about 10 freqys but the "home" rptr is 464.30....The ESP 900mgz is five freqys and the CC lands them on anyone.....

gooniorjr

Premium Subscriber
Thank you much! That's a start. I know that A-1 towing went trunked back in the 90's (I knew one of the guys that towed for them, he told me about it.). But dont know where they are now. I could just start plugging the systems in to the scanner and see what comes up, but that could take a loooooooooooooong time before I get the ones I'm looking for.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Go to the "database" on this web site, go to "Cook Co" and scroll all the way down to the "trunk systems", for LTR UHF and 900mgz, check them out as i did seeing if i could hear the system using my outdoor antennas, then check the users and thats how i found "Ohare Towing' on 900mgz....They have a "rptr" in Joliet....

W9NES

You might to a scan from 150-151.999 for Auto Emergency Frequencies. You might check freqs like 150.815 150.845 150.860 150.875 . Also you could check 461.0-464.999 and see if you hear them in UHF.on a Repeater. One local Towing Service here in Metro Indianapolis uses 461.550 on a repeater with a PL Tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.