Help with turning on/off systems in FL while scanning(via QK's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Attached is a pic of my main FL. It has 10 systems on it and starts with S1 thru S0 (1 thru 10). How can I turn on or off a system while radio is scanning? I have SDS200 and never bothered to use this feature cause I only had 4 systems up till now. I added some new ones. So for example if radio is scanning with all 10 systems and I wanted to LOCK OUT #3 and #7, can I do this on the fly as radio is scanning? Normally I just do this via the menu but its time consuming and requires too many button presses. I don't listen to ALL systems at the same time cause its alot to scan through, but for example if I am monitoring #0 the Mass state PD system ONLY and I want to check whats happening locally and want to hear #1, the Prov Metro system, how do I do this? I DONT use QK's for departments, ONLY for each individual FL(system) in my Profile. I looked at the "easy to read" manual but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Attachments

• fl.JPG
    fl.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 39

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like those are all different Favorites Lists, not systems. If that's the case, you would just need to press 3 E to toggle FL 3 on and off.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I meant to say that! Right, FAVORITES LISTS, and the SYSTEMS are in them.
So did you assign Quick Keys to the systems? If so, and you want to toggle Systems, then do what ProScan said. If you want to toggle FL's, follow the instructions I gave.

Note that if you are scanning more than one FL and you want to turn on/off a system in one of those FL's, you will need to tell the scanner which FL you want, then which system. FLQK > . > SYSQK > E

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
So did you assign Quick Keys to the systems? If so, and you want to toggle Systems, then do what ProScan said. If you want to toggle FL's, follow the instructions I gave.
No, I only assigned quick keys to each favorites list. Yes I know I wasnt clear in original post. I got systems and FL mixed up. I didnt find a need to assign QK's to individual systems since I like to monitor everything in those systems. I think the reason I called the favorites lists "systems" is because they always seemed like individual systems and the favorites list was the WHOLE THING. I have been unclear on this since I got the radio. For example I consider "FL #1 (on my list) to be the "RISCON METRO" system.....and FL #0 to be "MSP BOSTON" system. It sorta made more sense for me to identify these things thattaway, And I thought that a Favorites list was the whole collection on my photo. It makes more sense to me to call them systems cause thats what they are, inside a container called a favorites list. But I stand corrected!

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
No, I only assigned quick keys to each favorites list. Yes I know I wasnt clear in original post. I got systems and FL mixed up. I didnt find a need to assign QK's to individual systems since I like to monitor everything in those systems. I think the reason I called the favorites lists "systems" is because they always seemed like individual systems and the favorites list was the WHOLE THING. I have been unclear on this since I got the radio. For example I consider "FL #1 (on my list) to be the "RISCON METRO" system.....and FL #0 to be "MSP BOSTON" system. It sorta made more sense for me to identify these things thattaway, And I thought that a Favorites list was the whole collection on my photo. It makes more sense to me to call them systems cause thats what they are, inside a container called a favorites list. But I stand corrected!

It's important to make the distinction, however.
Once you get the hang of this, you can have a hierarchy:
Favorites (X and "E") - X being the favorite list number.
Toggles the favorite list on / off
SYSTEMS (.X and E)
Depts / sites (..X and E)

Are you stationary or mobile?
If mobile, get GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.