Help with UNIDEN BEARCAT UBC-800XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman070578

Hello,

I've just bought a UBC-800XLT.

I only have 30 or so frequencies of business radio I wish to listen to.

I have the TX and RX frequencies - are these likely to be trunked?

Also, can you program the scanner to associate a TX and RX freqency so you don't miss any of the transmission? or is this too advanced? - do you just program the freqencies near each other in a bank?

Sorry for the vagueness - I've not been involved in scanning for 15 years or so.....

Dean

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference Dean!
The 8000 will follow conventional channels and analog trunked systems, but if it's a conventional system you will hear everything that is on the input frequency on the output frequency of a repeater. Also all single frequency sites use simplex, but are usually used in amateur radio. Trunked systems will also let you hear both sides of the conversation with the correct system type selected and programmed.

Do you have a location and business type? It may be in the database:
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

You may also want to look at the beginners Wiki to see more information: Scanning 101 - The RadioReference Wiki

madman070578

Welcome to Radioreference Dean!
The 8000 will follow conventional channels and analog trunked systems, but if it's a conventional system you will hear everything that is on the input frequency on the output frequency of a repeater. Also all single frequency sites use simplex, but are usually used in amateur radio. Trunked systems will also let you hear both sides of the conversation with the correct system type selected and programmed.

What I'm concerned about is I've read somewhere that the Uniden doesn't support the trunked systems we use in the UK - is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.