Help with Uniden396T w/new Cedar Rapids Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadillacman

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 396t that I bought already programmed and have been enjoying local broadcasts. Yesterday Cedar Rapids police and Linn County law enforcement went silent because of new upgrades. Can I still use this scanner for the new system? If I can can anyone point me towards reprogramming?

kjauron1

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 396t that I bought already programmed and have been enjoying local broadcasts. Yesterday Cedar Rapids police and Linn County law enforcement went silent because of new upgrades. Can I still use this scanner for the new system? If I can can anyone point me towards reprogramming?

you are probably SOL like I am...I have a 996XT and 396XT that are now paper weights as I uploaded what is showing on RR via FreeScan and I have nothing as well now. If you are able to get it to work, please let me know as well!

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396T and have been listening to the system - no problem.

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
I'll try this weekend to figure out how to export it out.

The best advice I can tell you is to reset the scanner and do the following -
Create a P25 system and add the frequencies in manually. After doing that - you should be able to receive all communications both clear and encrypted. You can lockout any that come across encrypted.

kjauron1

Premium Subscriber
I'll try this weekend to figure out how to export it out.

The best advice I can tell you is to reset the scanner and do the following -
Create a P25 system and add the frequencies in manually. After doing that - you should be able to receive all communications both clear and encrypted. You can lockout any that come across encrypted.

I appreciate the help. I admit, I am pretty "illiterate" when it comes to programming it manually.

kadillacman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all

Thanks for the input and thank you in advance for any frequency information. It sounds like it's going to be a little quieter on the scanner until I can get new frequencies programmed. Even afterwards it doesn't sound like we'll hear as much traffic because of encryption.

IowaGuy1603

Thanks for the input and thank you in advance for any frequency information. It sounds like it's going to be a little quieter on the scanner until I can get new frequencies programmed. Even afterwards it doesn't sound like we'll hear as much traffic because of encryption.

Linn County F1 & F2
CRPD F1 & F2
Marion PD F1 & F2
CRFIRE

are all pretty active

Then add in Area Ambulance and such and the scanner is still pretty busy-----I have to shut it down to have a conversation or listen to the TV

timkilbride

Database Admin
This is the busiest I have seen it! That is 12 TG active all at the same time.

Attachments

• ut.jpg
    ut.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 330

ferd1605

Needing info myself on settings , etc. for my 396T also .. just can't get it to get the new system at all . .
have my PRO-197 kinda working but not picking up much traffic & a lot of garbled audio & choppy signals .

Status
Not open for further replies.