• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with Unity XG-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolasmtz

Hi, Im trying to get some information for a Harris Unity XG-100 radio. Im being offered one in mint condition but seller doesnt know which radio model he has. All I know that its a CATALOG # XP-100F and PN: 12082-1000-01. Does anyone know which radio model this would be if either a XG-100P-002, XG-100P-003 or XG-100P-004. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jace1986

When I look at the back casing of my Unity I have the following information:

Harris
Catalog # XP-100F
PN 12082-1000-01
A....................
CAGE 14304
Revision: K

If he uses the soft keys and goes through MENU; UTIL; FEATURE INFO;
He will be able to pull up the info that you need.
For example: mine reads:
P25 Conventional
VHF
UHF
7-800
Wideband

If you click on the link below it will give you Harris price sheet and it does reflect that the XG-100P is material # XP-100F.

http://pspc.harris.com/media/2011 HARRIS EPL3657 FINAL WEB POST 5-27-11_tcm27-16730.pdf

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Jace1986

Harry: That is incorrect. XP-100F is a part number for the generic Harris Unity XG-100. My Unity has that as its catalog number on the back case and on the front it is lapeled Unity XG-100 Full-Spectrum. The 100P designation has nothing to do with if it is a 002; 003; 004 version which are a feature package. You can find out which options are installed by going through the steps as mentioned in my last post.

For example my radio is a CAI P25 convetional version which is an additional option on my radio. Yet it is still marked an XP-100F.

IIRC:
002 = CAI P25
003 = P25 encryption
004 = P25 Trunk/ P25 Conventional

Its funny how harris came up with XP-100F as a material # makes it really confusing especially when the radio is called a XG-100P.

I hope I didn't make this confusing.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jace1986 for setting me straight. The option codes mean more sense as you've laid it out in your last post. I look forward to hearing more about this new radio. BTW do you find it a fairly heavy portable even compared to the Jag?

nicolasmtz

Thanks harryshute and Jace1986 for the information and help. To my guess seller is asking to much maybe so I'm going to contact a Harris dealer in my area and hopefully Ill be able to get my hands on one since I was told by a dealer a single band radio runs about $1300 plus features $500 for each other band you want to unlock. So far I've only gotten quotes for Thales Liberty. Ill keep yall posted. Thanks once again.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Be prepared to be holding onto a brick with the Liberty...it's a heavy radio.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of the weight and size, I like the Liberty much better than the Unity - a lot more intuitive to use (and program.)

RFrunner

Liberty is built to handle much more abuse than the Unity. It's a bit heavier but much more rugged.

RFrunner

I agree. Has anyone compared Liberty range performance to Unity range performance? I heard the Liberty antenna was better than the Unity antenna so therefore Liberty should have better range.

nicolasmtz

Thanks to everyone that is giving there 2 cents. Im really interested in getting the Unity but would also like to hear from users of the Liberty radio. I would like to hear what users like from each radio. One of the two will be my early christmas present as soon as I make up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.