Help with using the close-call/frequency find feature on a PSR800 as a blind person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

Hey all.

Not even sure if this would be possible, but figured I would ask, and have something to play around with while locked up.
I’ve had a PSR800 for a couple years now, like the radio, and as a blind/visually impaired person, the software interface is reasonably accessible with my screenreader.
I know the frequency search feature is done through the radio itself; wondering if someone would be able to give me step-by-step instructions as to how to activate it?
I’ll need specific things like “press menu+down arrow 4 times etc. etc.”.
Thanks in advance.

wtp

ok i had one guy who could read it if it was capitalized.
from the easy to read manual, which i will not just send the link.

To Start a Spectrum Sweeper Search from the main menu press up or down arrow to scroll to 'Search' and press SEL or right button
Use up or down arrow to scroll to 'Spectrum Sweeper' and press SEL or right arrow. Use up or down arrow to scroll to 'All Bands', or 'Public Safety' and press SEL or right arrow.

i did change the arrow icon to right, left, or right.

Last edited:

sudsyjkh

ok i had one guy who could read it if it was capitalized.
from the easy to read manual, which i will not just send the link.

To Start a Spectrum Sweeper Search from the main menu press up or down arrow to scroll to 'Search' and press SEL or right button
Use up or down arrow to scroll to 'Spectrum Sweeper' and press SEL or right arrow. Use up or down arrow to scroll to 'All Bands', or 'Public Safety' and press SEL or right arrow.

i did change the arrow icon to right, left, or right.
Perfect!
Exactly what I needed. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.