help with whistler via RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
HELLO: ALL

i'm in need of either some coaching or A 2gig SD card with my local p-25, DMR , business and Ham on it. I had my GRE-800 upgraded to a WS 1080. I've had this scanner for years but unable to program it correctly.
If there's anyone in the Twin City area or via the internet that could help me i can pay you. i just don't see online RR how to get to the right area's like when you could add to a list and import it. I see excel and pdf files that can be downloaded but i can't remember which ones are the correct ones.
so if anyone willing to help i'm willing to pay. all i've been able to get to work is Skywarn.

Thanks in advance.
n0mnb 73's

Swipesy

First be sure you use the Whistler 1080 version of EZScan. Do not use the GRE Version.

Second you should download from RR the system you want to program using EZScan. If you choose you can just download the System without Talkgroups and add the Talkgroup via EZScan and a CSV file or copy and paste.

If you use Excel for your CSV or copy and paste besure to have headings in Excel that match the EZScan headers for the data you import. If your headers are mis labled EZScan will reject the data.

Lastly you can also import into EZScan via a download from RR of your desired Talkgroups. Then export the Talkgroups into Excel, modify the data and reimport to EZScan. Lots of options and easy once you get the logic of the process.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
HELLO: ALL

i'm in need of either some coaching or A 2gig SD card with my local p-25, DMR , business and Ham on it. I had my GRE-800 upgraded to a WS 1080. I've had this scanner for years but unable to program it correctly.
If there's anyone in the Twin City area or via the internet that could help me i can pay you. i just don't see online RR how to get to the right area's like when you could add to a list and import it. I see excel and pdf files that can be downloaded but i can't remember which ones are the correct ones.
so if anyone willing to help i'm willing to pay. all i've been able to get to work is Skywarn.

Thanks in advance.
n0mnb 73's

Use the library import in ezscan, select "preferred" as the method, pick and choose exactly what you want, select import, assign a scanlist, from here you can edit the data directly in ezscan , make sure that scan list is enabled, Once edited YOU MUST put the data on the scanner/sd card.
Here is how... Slow method is: with scanner off and connnected to a pc. Go to the upper left of ezscan and select scanner/sdcard and Copy configuration TO the scanner/sdcard, Faster copying....I recommend one removes the card and places it in a card reader for faster write time.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
I thought is was getting somewhere and spent hours pick and choosing but the it all disappeared. But just a update to say thanks for all the help. Getting old is not fun and really want to get my ducks in order. So I'll be back again tomorrow.
Thanks all
73's n0mnb

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I thought is was getting somewhere and spent hours pick and choosing but the it all disappeared. But just a update to say thanks for all the help. Getting old is not fun and really want to get my ducks in order. So I'll be back again tomorrow.
Thanks all
73's n0mnb
Do little at a time, import to ezscan then go back and do some more, when ezscan is set up the way you want then you can copy it to the scanner sd card. make sure to archive every now and then it via ezscan so you can restore from that archive if needed.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure how to handle excel. Wasn't sure what program did what. I see there's a few ways to get things done but I'll have to take my time. I remember years back I could do everything on RR and then import it. But don't remember how it got to the right scan list. The problem I have now is getting the right list into the correct scan list. When I import them they end all over and mixed up. So that's what I'm working on now. 73's

Swipesy

Importing from RR with EZScan can be tricky. If you have say a Scan List "Fire" and a Scan List "Police" and you download fire and police TG's at the same time they are all going to go into a single Scan List you chose (not multiple Scan Lists). A suggested method is to set up a "default" Scan List by itself and download into the default. Then in EZScan reallocate the TG's to your desired Scan Lists.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
thanks all i'm getting there. but know i'm looking how to add a wildcard.
i found were it's at and i checked the box. but i think only works with talk groups?.

k8ble

Premium Subscriber
i seen in talk groups in the advance tab somewhere but know i can't find it.. also i'm trying to figure out what global has to do with anything.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ONe thing more. The card must be formatted using the EZ Scan software, not by the computer formatting. It can be in the scanner, but will be faster if you use a card reader for both formatting and copying data from the EZ Scan to the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.