Help with WIN 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

horntoad

I am new at programming. I can not figure out how to use the DEC, HEX part of the programm. I enter Alpha Tags and DEC or HEX numbers. When I upload to my scanner they don't show up. It is as if I had not entered any information in that area. I need this for freq's in the 800 range.

Utah_Viper

What scanner do you have? I have some Win97 files still from when I lived there. PM you email and I can send them over ti you and you can get a idea of how it was set up. Mostly public safety.

N7YUO

Win 97 Help

1 When you bring up Win97, you should first select the Type MOT (Motorola)
2 Input a frequency 853.1125, and select Rx Mode MOT
3 You need to set the trunking table: 851.025000, Offset 440, Step 25
and 851.012500, Offset 0, Step 25
4 Input a Talk Group (TGRP) use the DEC number 19712.
5 Input an Alpha Tag: UHP SLCoDisp
6 Click File, then Save
7 Click Scanner, then Upload to Scanner

View attachment 26266View attachment 26267

I only provided one Control Channel (CC) and one TGRP (UHP SLCoDisp)
Once you see how it works, you can program other freqs and TGRPs.

Last edited:

horntoad

WIN 97 Help

First, thanks for your help.
I have a question. As I understand it 853.1125 is SL County Primary. I have placed this in bank 5, 00. While scanning at the bottom of the screen I get not only 19712 but other numbers. It will show, as an example MOT: 23936, 46112, 47872 etc.The third row down on my screen always shows SL CO Disp.
I have a list of some of the DEC numbers such as Life Flt Helicopter which is 17280.
My question; is it possible to set up my scanner so that instead of showing MOT and numbers it will show the unit transmitting?

In the area to put in Alpha Tags and dec numbers I put in some numbers. Example SLPD East 736, SLPD All Metro 22592 etc. Non of them showed up.

John

Last edited:

horntoad

Win 97

Hold tight on the last message. I think I figured it out. Not the part at the bottom MOT then a number. but the third line down shows the information.
I am putting 853.1125 in each channel, 00, 01, 02 etc in bank 5 along with the Alpha Tag designation and then on the bottom right I am putting the same Alpha Tag designation along with the DEC number.
I am leaving step 3 the same.

John

horntoad

I take it back. I did not solve the problem. Do you know how to set up the scanner so that on the bottom line instead of showing MOT and number (23136) it will show who is transmitting. Example; WVC PD Disp or whoever?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I have purchased the premium program.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 display mode

Do you know how to set up the scanner so that on the bottom line instead of showing MOT and number (23136) it will show who is transmitting. Example; WVC PD Disp or whoever?
I assume that you have programmed the alpha tags, such as "WVC PD Disp" that you gave as am example. If not, you need to put the alhpa tag in there you want to see displayed.

Once the alpha tag is programmed, WHEN there is a transmission in which you see the TG ID (your example was 23136), press TEXT. This will toggle the display mode between TG IDs and ALPHA TEXT.

Now then, if you used WIN97 to program your scanner, the next time you are editing your profile before downloading it into the scanner, there is a selection on the Settings page "Text" or "Code". Select Text and the scanner will default to that after a download.

horntoad

Thank you very much. It works great. I still get some numbers that I didn't enter a dec number for. I have located a few of them DOT and a couple from the Sheriff Dept. there were a couple of numbers that were real active. 23072 and 46112. I am going to try and see if I can identify them.

Again Thanks!!!!

45SigSauer

Thank you very much. It works great. I still get some numbers that I didn't enter a dec number for. I have located a few of them DOT and a couple from the Sheriff Dept. there were a couple of numbers that were real active. 23072 and 46112. I am going to try and see if I can identify them.

Again Thanks!!!!

Did you make sure to "close" the bank, if not you will hear everyone on that system.

N7YUO

How to program Win97

1 Go to the Database for Utah > Trunked Systems > Utah Communications Agency Network.
2 Determine what talk Groups you want to hear.
3 Program in only the ones you want to hear, using the DEC number.
4 Program in the Alpha Tags for all the DEC numbers you program.
5 Select Closed Mode so that only the TGRPs you programmed show up.
If you do not select Closed, your scanner will continue to show numbers without tags on the bottom line.

The only way for your scanner to show the Alpha Tag for every DEC number (or MOT number) is for you to program in every DEC and alpha tag that is in the UCAN system.
This is not recommended. While you are waiting for your scanner to return to some exciting traffic in West Valley, it is busy looking at all 726 listed Talk Groups.

Program in one bank, all the best TGRPs for a county or area.
Program police, fire, UHP, sheriff, etc. Don't program streets, animal control, UDOT.
Do the same thing with another county or area.

My Areas are: SL City, SL Sheriff, SLCo Area, Davis Co, Utah Co, Tooele Co, etc

Look at this screenshot. Notice I checked "Closed" I also have more TGRPs programmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.