Help with WS 1080 please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelBhere

Wow. I feel smart. (or not!). Thanks. Got that figured out now. However, I STILL am not picking up ANYTHING on any of the DMR channels. I guess if I can't figure out anything soon I'll box it up and send it back. :-( I'm persistent but this is crazy.

You indicated you got the FW updated but you did not mention if you updated the DSP.

It is best to update the pc app first, CPU 2nd, then the DSP, then check to see if you can receive DMR.

ia_teacher

You indicated you got the FW updated but you did not mention if you updated the DSP.

It is best to update the pc app first, CPU 2nd, then the DSP, then check to see if you can receive DMR.

Well, in the EZ Scan app when I first started it up I believe it updated everything - at least now when I hook up the scanner and/or start the EZ Scan software it says everything is up to date...

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Power on your scanner while pressing the menu button.

What does it say?

wbswetnam

Do you have Windows 10 by chance? There have been issues with updating the Radio Shack Pro-668 (identical yet inferior twin of the WS 1080) due to driver issues... which can be overcome but it requires a procedure with Windows to force it to accept an unsigned driver.

ia_teacher

Do you have Windows 10 by chance? There have been issues with updating the Radio Shack Pro-668 (identical yet inferior twin of the WS 1080) due to driver issues... which can be overcome but it requires a procedure with Windows to force it to accept an unsigned driver.

Well, truth be told, I have a Mac, but I'm using Virtual Box to run Windows 10 - however, when I first got the scanner I had the issues you talked about and I DID get the EZ Scan software to recognize the scanner and do updates and manage the unit...

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Alright I just reread the entire thread to refresh myself...

Based on what you just told me, you have the latest firmware.

Initially, you probably had a problem with the wrong color code. Before the latest EZ Scan update round, everything from the database imported as color code 0; however, you wrote that you manually changed the color codes to "Any." Please confirm this.

What do you have your squelch set at? Go to Browse Objects and hold on the police department. Turn the squelch all the way down. See if you receive them.

What antenna are you using? The stock antenna is trash. Buy the RS 800 MhZ or this antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AG1GVA6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Go ahead and unselect squelch search mode.

It would really help if you could upload your configuration file or at least post screenshots. There can be a lot of things that can be set wrong.

I'm confident you can get it working. Don't get too anxious about sending it back.

ia_teacher

Alright I just reread the entire thread to refresh myself...

Based on what you just told me, you have the latest firmware.

Initially, you probably had a problem with the wrong color code. Before the latest EZ Scan update round, everything from the database imported as color code 0; however, you wrote that you manually changed the color codes to "Any." Please confirm this.

What do you have your squelch set at? Go to Browse Objects and hold on the police department. Turn the squelch all the way down. See if you receive them.

What antenna are you using? The stock antenna is trash. Buy the RS 800 MhZ or this antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AG1GVA6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Go ahead and unselect squelch search mode.

It would really help if you could upload your configuration file or at least post screenshots. There can be a lot of things that can be set wrong.

I'm confident you can get it working. Don't get too anxious about sending it back.

First of all, thank you for all your help. I really don't want to HAVE to send the scanner back so hopefully we can come up with something that will work.

So, last night I really was thinking about sending it back so I reset EVERYTHING back to the way it was when I got it (other than the firmware and such - I just got rid of all my channels and that kind of thing) So, this morning I re-imported everything)

I turned the squelch all the way down and have had it set on one of the PD frequencies for 5 minutes or so an nothing on that one (There are about five PD frequencies for our town)

I actually took an antenna off an old GRECOM scanner I had before the PD switched over to DMR - it used to pick up everything on the old system

Here is a screenshot of the window showing my frequencies - I'm not sure how to do the configuration file but if that would help more I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Scanner Configuration.jpg
    Scanner Configuration.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 218

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Hmm... So they use both P25 and DMR? Interesting.

Go to "File" -> "Save Current Configuration to Archive"

The default save location is your My Documents folder, I think. Then you should be able to go to "Manage Attachments" below \/ and upload the file to a new post.

ia_teacher

Well, actually I think the P25 is the OLD frequency. I think they only use that occasionally (like when they first got the DMR they had some issues with it so they would use the P25) Alright - I will do that configuration and it should be posted in just a few....

Thanks again

ia_teacher

Hmm... So they use both P25 and DMR? Interesting.

Go to "File" -> "Save Current Configuration to Archive"

The default save location is your My Documents folder, I think. Then you should be able to go to "Manage Attachments" below \/ and upload the file to a new post.

Here is the configuration file!

Attachments

• CDAT_2016-08-11_11-14.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 19

ia_teacher

Trying it out now - I loaded it on the scanner and have it going. I will let you know after it has run for awhile

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Are you seeing the "S" or "T" at all?

Can you drive closer to Maple Grove Road or 5th Street?

Each repeater looks like it is at a different location.

Ed6698

Have you tried to see if you can pick up the weather stations?

I did not see if you have even heard anything with radio, in this thread.

ia_teacher

Are you seeing the "S" or "T" at all?

Can you drive closer to Maple Grove Road or 5th Street?

Each repeater looks like it is at a different location.

Yes, I'm seeing the S on the screen but that's it (well, besides DMR TRS Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.