Help with Yaesu FTM 350 R and Cross Band Repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

How do you enable the cross band repeat in the yaesu ftm 350r? i cant find any info online and the manual has no info on it.

n5ims

A google search on the Yaesu FTM-350 R yielded this from Yaesu's web site Welcome to Yaesu.com
"For emergency work, or to extend the range of a hand-held unit, the FTM-350R includes Cross-Band Repeat capability." (in the section called "Cross-Band Repeat Capability")

The manual is here http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.c...ng_Manual.pdf&FileContentType=application/pdf which discusses the Cross Band Repeater Function on page 46 (page 48 of the PDF file). It's apparently activated using Menu item 11 (XBAND REPEATER) of the Special Function Menu.

MikeSD

Did you ever get this to work?

I have an FTM-350 also and can't get the cross-band repeat to work.

1) I go to special function mode
2) I select menu selection 11 (cross-band repeat)
3) I press the left main button ( I get only 2 beeps; no Ok? [SET])

At this point, nothing happens by pressing Left band button. Just 2 beeps. Escaping is the only way to get out and there is no cross-band repeat.

Has anyone been successful at getting this to work? Was there some trick not covered in the skimpy manual?

MikeSD

The key is to turn off the APRS Modem. Cross-band repeat won't work with the modem on.

Status
Not open for further replies.