Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFD0034

Premium Subscriber
Help with Ocean cty trunking

I am a member of a NNJ fd who just moved to Ocean County. I purchesed a Pro-96. Have downloaded the Win96. And cant figure out for the life of me the trunking system for the FD. Is there anyone out there who can help? PLEASE? I have tried and just can't get it to work.

Last edited:

Highpockets

RFD0034 said:
I am a member of a NNJ fd who just moved to Ocean County. I purchesed a Pro-96. Have downloaded the Win96. And cant figure out for the life of me the trunking system for the FD. Is there anyone out there who can help? PLEASE? I have tried and just can't get it to work.

What system are you talking about?

Highpockets

RFD0034 said:
I am trying to find out how and what to enter in the WIN 96 program to rec. the trunked fireground channels for the ocean county fd's

I see you are a paid member here, win 96 should have a web import to connect to the rr database, it will set up the system for you, take your time when connected, select the system you want, check the site, and talk groups, it will send it to the software, save the file, and then you upload it to your scanner. It sounds hard but, if you take your time, once you get it, you'll see you can have all you want put in for you, using the software, and the web import, try it and let us know how you make out, one thing make sure the com port is set in the software what was assigned to the cable, device manager will let you know what was assigned to the cable.

RFD0034

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets said:
I see you are a paid member here, win 96 should have a web import to connect to the rr database, it will set up the system for you, take your time when connected, select the system you want, check the site, and talk groups, it will send it to the software, save the file, and then you upload it to your scanner. It sounds hard but, if you take your time, once you get it, you'll see you can have all you want put in for you, using the software, and the web import, try it and let us know how you make out, one thing make sure the com port is set in the software what was assigned to the cable, device manager will let you know what was assigned to the cable.

I will give that a try. TY for your advice. I am sure you will be hearing from me. LOL

DJ88

It's a Motorola Type II UHF/500 MHz System. I don't use Radio Shack scanners so I don't know if it would be programmed as a Motorola Type II UHF System or a Motorola Type II 500 MHz System. You would need to set the scanner for Trunk for that particular bank, enter the system type, the frequencies and then the Base Frequency (505.000), Offset Channel (380) and Spacing (12.5). Once you've entered all of that, you need to enter the DEC Talk Groups. I don't know if you've checked the database here for the info on the system or not. If not, it's located here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=714

BTW, the fire departments that are dispatched by county and operate on the trunk system are dispatched on conventional frequeny 508.1875 PL 71.9. After dispatch they use the trunk system for response/fire ground. At times, they will switch over to the conventional fire ground frequenies for fire ground. These are low power simplex and difficult to monitor unless you are very close to the fire scene. The conventional repeater tower frequencies can also be used for fire ground, although they rarely are. The county conventional frequency information is listed here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1785

All of the FDs on the trunk system have the capability to use all of the conventional repeater tower frequencies. The locations listed with each of them (Barnegat, Lakewood, Toms River, etc) simply indicate the municipalites in which the towers are located.

Last edited:

RFD0034

Premium Subscriber
DJ88 said:
It's a Motorola Type II UHF/500 MHz System. I don't use Radio Shack scanners so I don't know if it would be programmed as a Motorola Type II UHF System or a Motorola Type II 500 MHz System. You would need to set the scanner for Trunk for that particular bank, enter the system type, the frequencies and then the Base Frequency (505.000), Offset Channel (380) and Spacing (12.5). Once you've entered all of that, you need to enter the DEC Talk Groups. I don't know if you've checked the database here for the info on the system or not. If not, it's located here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=714

BTW, the fire departments that are dispatched by county and operate on the trunk system are dispatched on conventional frequeny 508.1875 PL 71.9. After dispatch they use the trunk system for response/fire ground. At times, they will switch over to the conventional fire ground frequenies for fire ground. These are low power simplex and difficult to monitor unless you are very close to the fire scene. The conventional repeater tower frequencies can also be used for fire ground, although they rarely are. The county conventional frequency information is listed here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1785

All of the FDs on the trunk system have the capability to use all of the conventional repeater tower frequencies. The locations listed with each of them (Barnegat, Lakewood, Toms River, etc) simply indicate the municipalites in which the towers are located.

I think i got it ty for your help

Highpockets

RFD0034 said:
I think it worked. I will see. TY very much for your help. I am glad I joined this site.

I think we're all glad we joined this site, great info, and the guys in the NJ forum are pretty neat, welcome aboard!

What department do you work for?

Status
Not open for further replies.