Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredupsguy

anyone out there that can guide me thru programming this BCD396 ,or maybe if your in the Detroit area we could meet, im on a mac computer so software will not download, basically need to do manually but i really am having a hard time, at this point the 1st $220.00 gets this scanner Thanks

thomast77

anyone out there that can guide me thru programming this BCD396 ,or maybe if your in the Detroit area we could meet, im on a mac computer so software will not download, basically need to do manually but i really am having a hard time, at this point the 1st $220.00 gets this scanner Thanks

Have you tried the easier to read manual? It breaks it down so it is easier to understand.
Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually there is software for the mac, but no matter if you're using software or not, you have to understand how DMA works first...

BCD396T.tcl for Mac OS X 10.x Intel/PPC

and the Easier to Read manual is a good place to start. Since you have mentioned the non-XT model, here's where you can find the links for the Easier to Read manuals (at the bottom of this link - all links are blue)

The Uniden DMA FAQ - the RR Wiki

best regards...Mike

Last edited:

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
I hate to tell you to do this, but in desperation it does work. I also have a mac. I partitioned the drive and made it dual boot and have windows XP on it too. It does work for programming the scanner. You will need and external USB 2 button mouse because windows doesn't play really nice with the single button apple devices. I wish you were closer to VA and I could program it for you. I have 2 BCD396 scanners and I really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.