Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

w12m76

I ma having issues with my Pro 197 scanner. I had noticed tongiht that I was not hearing anything on it. When I looked at it, I noticed it was stuck on a talkgroup and not heaing anything. Well, I hit the button to lock it out but noticed that it locked out all the system frequencies for Willmar which is where the talk group was that seemed to be stuck. Was wondering if there is a way to just lock out that specific talk group instead of the system frequencies for Willmar?

Thanks

shadcall

Which lockout did you use, the one on the keyboard which says L/OUT or F1 which is TGL/O? You need to use the F! key to lockout a specific talkgroup otherwise you lockout the frequency. However if you turn your raido off and then back on it cancels the frequency lockout unless you push FUNC+L/OUT which makes it a permanent lockout.

The keys I'm referring to are on my Pro 106 the mobile version of the 197 so I'm assuming you will have the same keys.

dwgelle

All you should have to do is just push lock out once and it locks the talkgroup it was on out temporarily until scan is stopped and started again it will come back. To lock out permanent you need to hit function and then lockout.

So I'm confused as to why you are not hearing anything, unless it was a Wildcard talkgroup?

Are you able to program with the software?
Or did Radio shack program it for you?

w12m76

What do you mean a wildcard talkgroup? I know once in a while when I look at the talkgroup number when I hear something it shows wildcard but not all the time.

My wife had helped me program the scanner for me as Radio Shack said that they do not program scanners where i had bought it so that is why we figured it out ourselves.

dwgelle

A Wildcard Group entry is where the scanner will monitor Everything on that comes across on the tower(s) you have programmed in.

This web page here is a very nice easier to understand manual for the 197. Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

I would recommend getting software like the Win500 makes its a lot easier: Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Free for 30days. But will need to get the programming cable from radio shack.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.