Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGFrick77

Premium Subscriber
After reading the manuals, looking at YouTube, and obsessing about trying to program my BCD 436HP I am still at a loss as to programming. I did the zip code and can hear "calls" but I still think there is more to be done. Question: Is there anyone in Charlotte that could give hands on instruction?

Thanks!

bailly2

if you haven't already i would add the trunked system for mecklenburg county, and the statewide viper trunked system. i guess for the viper system, enter the zip code for one of the the four sites in mecklenburg county: heathway drive, huntersville, mint hill, pineville. if you haven't entered the mecklenburg county system in yet, i see the zip codes for the site in charlotte are: 28078 28202, 28214 28278
Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Project 25) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies mecklenburg county

VIPER Statewide P25 Trunking System, Varies, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies viper

bailly2

the zip codes for the four sites in the statewide viper system in your county are heathway drive 28213, huntersville 28078 mint hill 28227, pineville 28134

JGFrick77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info as I posted in the wrong State. I did put in my home zip code and the scanner goes through the sites you listed. I just want to listen to the police unit near my home and not in a city 30 miles away. I am going to re-post on the NC forum.

Thanks again!

bailly2

you have your location has charlotte north carolina, thats what i went with.

you can go to the north carolina radioreference page, North Carolina Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference,

select your county, scroll to the bottom and select the trunked system you want to listen to, find the sites that are in your county, click that site name on the left column, click site fcc licenses, type that address into google maps to get the zip code

Status
Not open for further replies.