Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutscott

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
My name is Scott and I just purchased my first scanner.
Whistler 1065.
I used ARC500 to populate the scanner with my local public safety frequencies but when in scan mode my local police are never picked up.
I went to manual mode and my local PD is in the first slot in the scan list but still no sound or reception.
I have been listening to scanner in sweeper mode and have picked up Police,Ambulance,Emt etc 20 miles away but no local police.
Thanks for any help.
Frustrated,
Scott

PS; I live in Hudson,Wisconsin-St.Croix County
Some one in another forum suggested turning off SQ mode which I have yet to figure out how to.

n9upc

First Scott greetings from St Croix Co also...while I am not familiar with the Wistler brand you migh want to make sure that you do not have a PL decode turned on. While most things in St Croix CO run on 186.2 Hz some other odd ones do show up from time to time depending on what you are listening to and frequency.

IN Hudson you should be able to hear the West main on 155.5800 Mhz 186.2 Hz, Fire 154.3250 Mhz 186.2 Hz, and paging 155.7450 Mhz 186.2 Hz. that will give you your main police, fire, EMS setup for monitoring. I would also check into seeing if the scanner has programming software available as this will make the programming much, much easier.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.