HP-2: Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

morse2

Hi all
I bought the home patrol 2 with extreme upgrade .
But why is it on the select service page the racing officials
And custom 1/ 8 remain inactive . What I want to do is put
Various 2 meter repeaters in there and just scan them .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can only "activate" a service type if there are channel(s) of that service type to scan in your active favorite list(s) or the main database.

You need to create a new favorite list, enter your repeaters in that favorite list, and choose the Ham service type for each repeater channel you enter. Make sure location control setting for the favorite list is off unless you know the exact GPS coordinates of each repeater.

Once you have the favorite list created, make sure it is selected to scan, and turn off all the service types other than Ham. The scanner will only scan the repeaters in your list.

morse2

Ok will try to do that old guy here.
I can't figure out in sentinel how to type in freqs to a fav list
I can open up a fave list and see stuff I put in there from the data base

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have to use the favorite list editor. Right-click on a existing list and select "program favorite list" from the popup menu. If you need to create a new list, it's the left icon in the second row at the top-left of the sentinel window.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Ok will try to do that old guy here.
I can't figure out in sentinel how to type in freqs to a fav list
I can open up a fave list and see stuff I put in there from the data base

Read the wiki, its helpful.

Also helpful: Easier to Read HP2 Manual

To make a list of conventional frequencies to scan; just create new favs list. Name it something like "2M Ham Repeaters" or something. Add a Department with the green plus symbol up top, name it whatever. Click on this department to the left, hit the green plus again to add frequencies and any additional info such as PL tones (and the HAM service of course). Save when you're done. Write to Homepatrol.

That's the quick and easy shortcut. However like the others I do recommend reading the wiki/easier to read manual. Also remember to "Read From Homepatrol" if you don't want to erase what you have setup already.

Status
Not open for further replies.