Help ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker11

Bought NEW ws1040, Reg with Whistler, then RadioR, Paid $30, Just want to DOWNLOAD OUACHITA PARISH & STATE LOUISIANA EMERG...CAN'T GET PAST UPGRADE FILEVIEWER ???

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm unsure as to what this fileviewer is; however to get data from RR you need to use one of three applications - there are no free ones, unfortunately, but all 3 have a 30 day free trial - listed here (links are always blue)

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software

And this article has links to almost everything you will need to understand how to use your 1040, including the Easier to read manual and user manuals for 2 of the 3 supported software apps here....

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_your_GRE/RS_Object_Oriented_Scanner

Mike

smoker11

WHY AM I BEING FORCED TO BUY ONE OF YOURS ???

I downloaded Free File Viewer Plus 3, What can I DO to LOAD OUACHITA PARISH(COUNTY) FREQS to MY WS1040...I PAID THEM $30 HELP

CAN I CALL SOMEONE for HELP or THEY CALL ME ???

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you read anything in what I gave you? All the information you need to know is there. AFAIK this file viewer will not download anything to your scanner. You must use ARC500, PSREdit500 or Win500. It is not 'our' software but rather written by members for these scanners I would also take a look at YouTube; undoubtedly there are videos there on how to program your 1040. Mike

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Merely downloading the frequency file to your computer is not the total solution. The software mentioned above is essential to allowing your computer to communicate with and upload to your scanner. Aside from programming your WS1040 manually, there's simply no other established way to program your scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Free File Viewer Plus 3, What can I DO to LOAD OUACHITA PARISH(COUNTY) FREQS to MY WS1040...I PAID THEM $30 HELP
The "File Viewer" you downloaded is just that, a viewer. It allows you to open and review the contents of a number of different files, whether word processing, spreadsheets, or other types. It has no ability to download specified information on a website, and then import it into another program or device (i.e. your scanner).

The $30 Premium Subscription gives you access to certain downloads from RadioReference, and if using scanner programming software, you can import information from the database here and then use that download to program your scanner when using one of the software programs listed above (PSREdit500, ARC500, or Win500). As already noted, all three of those offer a 30 day free trial, so that you can try a program before you buy it. You could download one of the three and use it for 30 days. When the trial period ends, then download one of the other two, for another 30 days of use. When that expires, then install the third program. That gives you 90 days of access.

Past that up to 90 days of stacked free trials, you would then need to either purchase one of the three programs, or revert to programming manually. Note that for all three programs, the registration fee is a one time purchase. After that, later updates to the program (if any) would be at no charge. Your $30 Premium Subscriber fee, for 360 days, allows you to use the direct import feature in any of the three programs. After that subscription expires, if you purchased one of the programming software packages, you would not be able to directly import information, but would still be able to manually input information and alter programming in your scanner via your PC. That is still much faster and easier than programming manually via the scanner's keypad.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Have Download Freqs to WS1040 With PSRedit...NOW it says NOTHING ENABLED...WHAT I DO ???
You have written your frequencies/systems created in PSREdit to the scanner?

Make sure that any Scanlist that has frequencies or talkgroups is enabled both in the software as well as the scanner. In PSREdit, under the General Configuration tab, you'll see a section labeled as Scanlists. Make sure that each scanlist number is checked (enabled), then re-write to the scanner.

You can also attach your programming file to a post, so that someone else can look at it & see if anything is missing or out of place.

Note: To upload an *.bin file, to the Forums, you must change the file extension to one acceptable per forum requirements. To do that, note where your *.bin file is saved on your PC.
Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
There are two ways to do this. You can either change the file extension itself, or compress the file using 7-Zip or another file utility. The *.zip file extension can be attached to a post and uploaded to the Forums.

Or, using Windows Explorer, rename your file one of these two ways:
For illustration, let's call your file 'MyFile.bin' (without the quotes).
<Right><Click> on the file & choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
You can then rename your file to MyFile.txt, or MyFile.bin.txt in order to attach it to a post. Whoever views the file will need to reset the file name back to MyFile.bin, then it can be imported into PSREdit500 for viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.