• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationX

Ok all you smart ppl out there, im calling all computer masters and geeks(no offence to anyone) I need a downloadable firewall that will stop people, and programs from seeing what you are doing on your computer, im not talking about spyware, im talking about people who are real that look and see what you are doing......help please.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Symantec Client Firewall.

I use it here and it works great. Lets you know whenever someone tries to hack your machine. You can block anything and everything, even block yourself from visiting "bad" sites.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
Sygate Personal Firewall Pro is what I have been using for a long time now.

RISC777

What kind of Internet connection do you have? My DSL service, the modem, has hardware firewalling in addition to my software firewalling, and MS's Windows Defender, Symantec, etc.

wesct

RadiationX said:
Ok all you smart ppl out there, im calling all computer masters and geeks(no offence to anyone) I need a downloadable firewall that will stop people, and programs from seeing what you are doing on your computer, im not talking about spyware, im talking about people who are real that look and see what you are doing......help please.
i will say it again.. if you want answers about computer questions check out:

www.pronetworks.org

signup is free

wesct

Joseph11

ZoneAlarm.

Also, even though it's not downloadable, get an actual router (if you're on broadband).

RadiationX

See the prob is that ppl that know me, and they are trying to mess with me and some i know who it is and some i dont, i have a router i know a little about computers but not all that much about networking i will try these programs all you ppl posted and see what happens, thanks to all.

RadiationX said:
See the prob is that ppl that know me, and they are trying to mess with me and some i know who it is and some i dont, i have a router i know a little about computers but not all that much about networking i will try these programs all you ppl posted and see what happens, thanks to all.
Make better friends.

Al42

RadiationX said:
See the prob is that ppl that know me, and they are trying to mess with me and some i know who it is and some i dont, i have a router
If you have a router, unless you messed with the port forwarding, no one is getting into your computer from the outside.

RISC777

List off the mfr. and model of your router.

Are you running any kind of home network (peer-to-peer)?
Any wireless involved?

Then we could also get into identifying and route tracing what IPs such type invasions are coming from . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.