Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
can someon please tell me how this is feed,
Am i correct in thinking that a actual feed must be provided.
Because some of these agencies are not part of a live feed.

That is part of the Broadcastify Calls system which is separate from regular feeds and relies on SDR (Software Defined Radio) instead of a scanner or radio.

medic9351301

Banned
ok i am not familar with sdr . does that mean that some one has to be in my county providing the sdr ?
sorry to ask but i am currious thats all

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
ok i am not familar with sdr . does that mean that some one has to be in my county providing the sdr ?

Affirmative, someone in your county has to have a Software Defined Radio (SDR) set up to send to the Broadcastify Call System. The Call System is independent from regular feeds.

Kingscup

Feed Provider

SDR is just like a scanner in the sense of reception. The SDR has to receive the transmission just like a scanner in order for it to work. Depending on various factors, the person has to be in the county or nearby county in order to receive the transmission. Here is an excellent video that describes a SDR.

medic9351301

Banned
now its starting to make sense. the last question is the sdr feeding live audio back to the broadcastfy. server or just logging hits . example
when i click the live button next to the tg will i hear live traffic per say . i know there is a short delay from real time to brodcastify

n0esc

Feed Provider
now its starting to make sense. the last question is the sdr feeding live audio back to the broadcastfy. server or just logging hits . example
when i click the live button next to the tg will i hear live traffic per say . i know there is a short delay from real time to brodcastify

It is live audio in much the same way the original feeds worked, but with Calls you have the ability to customize a feed with just the talkgroups you want to listen to. Also when you open a TG or playlist you created, you can see the previous 25ish calls without having to load the archive separately. If transmissions come into the Calls platform faster than the audio plays (Ex it is playing a 30 second long transmission and several other transmissions come in while that is playing, those don't get lost like they would have on a traditional scanner feed, Calls will just start playing them in order until it catches back up to real time so as long as everything is being feed into the Calls system, you won't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.