Help?

Paramedic222

What's up guys. Question for you. I purchased a Minitor 6 pager from Motorola as a personal pager since the one I was issued by my agency is UHF and I wanted a VHF pager to monitor the neighboring county which is in close proximity to our coverage area. I already have the county programmed into the pager but would like to have it alert for one specific agency since we run multiple mutual aids to them a month (medicals). Where could I find the "toning codes" or whatever they are specifically called. Basically the numbers needed to actually make the pager alert. Hope that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
What County are you in, and what County do you have your pager set-up for/neighboring agency?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Click a county here RRDB | Michigan Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Then in upper right click the three bars with Menu label and select Wiki, only sometimes, someone has found them. HIGHLY advisable though many times those are many years old, so good luck if they are valid anymore today. You should talk to your radio programmer to get accuracy.

Looks like only tone listing surrounding county besides Livingston is Washtenaw.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I've tried and nobody is able to assist me. The guy that programs the radios for the county doesn't even have them anymore. He told me he hasn't messed with pagers in years because they got rid of them.
Let me which agency, and which tone sets, and I will see what I can find. Send me a PM, if you don't want to post it in the thread.

RayAir

i seem to remember a phone app that decoded these quick call tones. I used it once to get the tones for the county VHF severe weather alert frequency just so I could plug them in an xpr6550 and have it alert if they issued a severe weather statement.

Same type of tones as fire alerting.

Dont remember the app though.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
i seem to remember a phone app that decoded these quick call tones. I used it once to get the tones for the county VHF severe weather alert frequency just so I could plug them in an xpr6550 and have it alert if they issued a severe weather statement.

Same type of tones as fire alerting.

Dont remember the app though.
Radio ID

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517-124742_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517-124742_Google Play Store.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 14

ecps92

I've tried and nobody is able to assist me. The guy that programs the radios for the county doesn't even have them anymore. He told me he hasn't messed with pagers in years because they got rid of them.
IF they got rid of the pagers, then the only tone being sent is likely just an ALERT tone

krokus

Premium Subscriber
IF they got rid of the pagers, then the only tone being sent is likely just an ALERT tone
This user appears to be with an agency that covers a border area, and doesn't have their own dispatch. The agencies of interest might be using MPSCS PageGroups, not tones. That is why I'm hoping to hear back from them.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
You can sometimes trick pagers into decoding alert tones. But that won't help if its a shared channel and others use the same alerts.

I'm successfully decoding a console alert tone on MPSCS with a unication for a few agencies.

bodnarp

Premium Subscriber
Let me which agency, and which tone sets, and I will see what I can find. Send me a PM, if you don't want to post it in the thread.
Download the radio id app for your phone it will record tones for you. That is how I updated Ottawa County Fire Tones.