Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2diz

I've spent all day buying the right cable, getting the software and subscription, but I have no idea how to program the scanner still. I'm trying to do the web import but there are no public safety frequencies listed for Los Angeles, like LAPD, etc. That's mainly what I want. If anyone lives in the area, could someone please just export their whole programming file for me and email it to ihsoccer2004@yahoo.com? Thanks
J.D.

RayK

j2diz said:
I've spent all day buying the right cable, getting the software and subscription, but I have no idea how to program the scanner still.
With the blind leading the blind , what radio are you asking about, what cable (serial,USB)
are you asking about, what software are you trying to use .And if your asking for help for your area where you live try posting in the Calif Forum.

seamusg

j2diz said:
I've spent all day buying the right cable, getting the software and subscription, but I have no idea how to program the scanner still. I'm trying to do the web import but there are no public safety frequencies listed for Los Angeles, like LAPD, etc. That's mainly what I want. If anyone lives in the area, could someone please just export their whole programming file for me and email it to ihsoccer2004@yahoo.com? Thanks
J.D.
You didn't say what scanner or software you're using, but Win96 has a problem with LA County, you'll get the error "No Data Returned" twice, just click "OK" then try to select the sub group, you'll get the error once more , Click OK then it should work. It's a problem with the way the data is laid out., but if you keep Clicking OK and just going on it should work

seamusg

davidd2957 said:
Can you also give us the exact web address for the LAPD system in " radioreference.com "
that you are trying to program please.
David D.
Why do you need the xml URL? It's a known problem with the layout of the LA county database. If you want to duplicate it in Win96 goto web import conventional, login, then select country USA, then state CA, then select county LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.