Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoilerz

Hello,
Guys i feel dumb for saying this but...HELP!
I cant understand how to work this, i have the pro-97 and i grabbed the files fromhere, uploaded them to the scanner. still nothing... how the hell does this thing work..how do i get it to say scan a set of freq i decide..like say iwant it to scan 5 channels for activity. where do i start>?

I comefrom the old days with crystals and say what you want , it was easy =(
Please can anyone helpme, im very close to bringing it back and just using my old crystal one.

btw im from BPT and trying to manly monitor local police and area police

thanks
Jon G

spoilerz

OK,
So i got working file from p97 yahoo group, it acutlly worked.
Now theproblem is, the only 3 channels that work are the three channels that ican get withmy 20 year old pro52. Can thisbe? did i spend $200 for nothing?Should i be getting in anything else?. please can anyone help?? point me in the right direction, casue so far this is not any better then my old one

KE5BCP

Analog Man
spoilerz said:
btw im from BPT and trying to manly monitor local police and area police
Welcome to the site, Jon!
Don't get frustrated over all of this. Let's see if we can help you out!
Using the database here on this site, which system(s) are you attempting to monitor?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
From the listings there (assuming they are current), you should be able to hear quite a bit using the Pro-97, including some of the trunked systems.
This could however, depend on many factors such as your location, the type of antenna you are using, the amount of "radio chatter", and making sure you've got the frequencies / systems entered in properly into the Pro-97.
I'm gonna "step back" here and see if someone from your area can help you further concerning the local stuff (since I'm in Texas!), but don't give up! I own a Pro-97 as well as a few other GRE made scanners and they are excellent in my opinion.

spoilerz

im the heart of the city, this is a small state so your are always close to everything.
I have everything installed as i used a file i got from help groups on yahoo

Ill give it afew days, maybe somoene will have answers.
thanks for help though

can you maybe give me a quick run through, like this , whats the best way to enter this:

39.46000 KCA336 BM 110.9 PL Countywide Police Hotlline FM

what do i use for mode?. to i manualy enter the 110.9 or set it code search
also what is the best antenna i can get for the pro97?

im so new at this

Jon

Jon

Last edited:

KE5BCP

Analog Man
spoilerz said:
can you maybe give me a quick run through, like this , whats the best way to enter this:
39.46000 KCA336 BM 110.9 PL Countywide Police Hotlline FM
what do i use for mode?. to i manualy enter the 110.9 or set it code search
im so new at this
Jon

For PL, use "CT" and for DPL, use "DC".

Remember: Since you are a donating member, you can use the "Web Import" feature in Win97 to download data directly into your p97 file!

spoilerz

yeah i just tried it again, imported the whole thing in through win97 and nothing comes in.
It should workshouldnt it. maybe mine is broken. i wish there was somoene from same area who can verify this is working=(

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.