Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Could someone shed some light befor I go modifying my scanner will a Pro-90 give me the info I need that a discriminator tap will give. Thanks Mark

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
mpdonala said:
give me the info I need that a discriminator tap will give.

It says on the very first paragraph of the Wiki Page...

The Discriminator output from a scanner is the raw, unfiltered signal that a scanner produces before it is sent to the audio stage for output through the speaker -- also called the "baseband audio." This discriminator source is required for applications such as Trunker, T4Win, and UniTrunker. Most scanners must have a simple modification made to them to feed the discriminator output to Data Slicers, or in the case of UniTrunker, a soundcard.

Note that for providing a signal for ACARS decoding, a connection from an earphone or speaker output is all that's required. This is because ACARS runs at a much lower speed, and the discriminator is not involved in AM reception.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Then the answer is no, you wont see everything a discriminator output will give you with the right decoding program. If you just want it to track your analog Motorola system, then the PRO-90 will do that (until rebanding takes place, most likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.